A Ray of Hope For Women: Himachal Pradesh’s State Home
The Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of Himachal Pradesh launched a new scheme for women named as State Home for Women. The main objective of this scheme is to provide emergency outreach services to women in difficult circumstances who do not have societal/family support or independent means of income. Under this scheme free shelter, food, medical care, counseling etc. are being provided to the beneficiaries. Vocational training is imparted to the beneficiaries with a view to rehabilitate them.
The State Government of Himachal Pradesh has a noble scheme for widows, destitute women/ women in mortal danger by providing them shelter in State Homes. Under this scheme, Financial assistance of Rs. 20,000 is also provided to the needy women. The unique initiative providing benefits to many needy women in the state. All women residents of Himachal Pradesh and having no shelter can apply to the scheme. The applicant may get their application form at Women and child development department.
Table of Contents
- Benefits of State Home for Women, destitute, widow in Himachal Pradesh
- Eligibility and conditions applying for State Home for Women, destitute, widow in Himachal Pradesh
- Required Documents for State Home for Women, destitute, widow in Himachal Pradesh
- How to Apply for State Home for Women, destitute, widow in Himachal Pradesh
- Contact Details
- Some Important Links
Benefits of State Home for Women, destitute, widow in Himachal Pradesh
State home is meant for housing destitute, widow and the women who are in mortal danger and provide free residence and free diet along with various skill training for her rehabilitation.
- Under this scheme, destitute poor women get free residence and free diet
- For rehabilitation, women get various skill training in the state home
- After leaving the state home department provides a grant of 20,000 per inmates for her rehabilitation.
- Regular medical check-ups.
Eligibility and conditions applying for State Home for Women, destitute, widow in Himachal Pradesh
- Women must be residents of Himachal Pradesh.
- Widow women
- Destitute women
- Unattended women who are in mortal danger in whose favor the court has passed orders to lodge them in the State Home.
Required Documents for State Home for Women, destitute, widow in Himachal Pradesh
- Passport size photograph
- ID proof
- Age Proof
- Bank Passbook photocopy
- Residence Proof
- Aadhar Card
- Application form
How to Apply for State Home for Women, destitute, widow in Himachal Pradesh
- The women applicant wishes to apply must confirm eligibility and can visit the District welfare office for applying.
- The application form can be obtained at the same office.
- Fill all the required information carefully and submit the application form at same office with all required documents.
- Applicant women can contact nearest Women and child development department in the Himachal Pradesh.
- District programme officer.
- Women and child development officer.
Some Important Links
- Official Website:– http://himachal.nic.in/index1.php?lang=1&dpt_id=176&level=0&linkid=2361&lid=5833
- Schemes Details:- http://himachal.nic.in/WriteReadData/l892s/176_l892s/F-86639415.pdf
Himachal Pradesh Government’s State Home for Women in Mashobra, Shimla District houses destitute, widowed and women in a difficult circumstance. Residents of the home get free residence and free diet. They are also given various skill training, with a view to rehabilitate them into society and make them financially independent. After leaving the state home, each resident is given a grant of Rs. 20,000 to facilitate her rehabilitation.