EPIC- Voter ID
India is the country of democratic reforms and millions of people reside here who have faith in these democratic reforms in the same way as they have faith in their diversity. The country sustains the people of different regions, states, religion, languages, culture, tradition but the one thing that tie them all in one knot is the equality for everyone which is insured by providing them the right to vote. The election in India is like the huge festival with innumerable parties participating in it. Elections are held after every five years. When the country with a vast population than its never easy to conduct the elections. To ensure the smooth conduct of the elections the Election commission of India is to monitor, control the system of election to avoid any type of frauds. The election commission has set up the procedure of Voter card for the casting of a vote in the election for the fruitful result.
What is Voter card?
The voter card is the Electoral Photo identity card issued by the election commision Abbreviated as EPIC. The Voter card consists of the photo of the candidate which is issued to him or her by the election commision of India. The voter card is issued to the eligible candidate who is eligible to cast his vote for the respective candidates. The main focus of the issuing of the card is to improve the accuracy for the electoral roll and to reduce the frauds in the election. It also serves as the identity proof for the candidate beside as the for casting the election anyone can also make the use of the voter card as the identity proof.
In the article below you are going through the complete process of the voter card Apply for a Voter Card, Uses of Voter ID Card, Why Is It Important To Have? Documents Required, Eligibility for Voter’s ID, Track Voter ID Application Status, Register for Voter ID, Verify Voter ID, Fake Voter ID Cards
Read the article below to get the complete info regarding the voter card.
Uses of Voter ID Card
The following mentioned are the uses of the voter card as you should be aware of what benefit or the advantage will you get if you apply for the voter card. Read the uses of the voter card below:
- The voter card act as the identity proof of the person.
- The voter Id issued to every person is unique.
- The voter card holder is the acknowledged voter of the country.
- The card consist of the identification such as the person photograph, signature, fingerprints of the person on the name the card is issued.
- The card serves as an accepted form of personal identity.
- The other reason for assigning the unique card for every voter is to avoid the fraud of multiple voting during elections.
- The voter card is designed in the way so that the low literacy population can also access it.
- The best part of the Voter card is that the voters are no fixed address can be changed as soon one shift to a new location.
- It is especially helpful as a form of identification for voters with no fixed address.
Why Is It Important To Have Voter card?
As soon you read the following points you will be answered to the above question as the voter card is important you should know:
- Proof of Identity – As mentioned earlier few times the V0ter id is the important and unique for the one because it is the legal document which acts as your identity proof in case you are required to prove your identity in case you want to avail the government scheme benefits and along the private institutions also asks for the id proof such as in banks, insurances, gas companies, online travel companies and much more.
- Casting Votes – The main reason the voter cards are issued to make use of them to cast the vote during the elections to the eligible candidate according to one’s choice. It is only possible if you have the voter card.
- Registration In Electoral Roll Of A Non-Domicile State – The voter Id is also required for the purpose of getting the proof of the domicile for the particular state. By proving your identity you can get the domicile issue to you for the address where you live.
Documents Required For Voter ID Card:
If you are interested to get the voter then you should have the following documents. Check the list below:
- Identity Proof (mark sheet from school, driving license, passport)
- Aadhaar card
- Address Proof (passport, Ration card)
Eligibility for voter card
To apply for the voter card then you should be able to fulfill the following mentioned eligibility criteria, then only you can apply for the voter card. Check the points below:
- The Applicant must not be below the age of 18 years.
- There are no bars for the maximum age you can apply for any age group.
- There are also no bars for gender.
- The financial bankrupt are not eligible to get the voter card.
How to apply for a Voter ID Card?
The reader will now be guided how can you apply for the voter card through online as well as the offline method, you can make use of the desirable method to apply for the voter card.
Voter Card Online Method
Voter card Form
The citizen interested to apply for the voter id card online click here
The following image appears:
- Yo0u can also visit the official portal of the national voter service portal started by the election commission of India.
- Then you will be directed to the home page as shown in the image above.
- Click on the option ‘Apply online for registration of new voter id’ to apply for the voter card.
- Then you will be directed to the new page.
- The application form appears. As the form 6 will appear
- You have to enter the details asked in the form.
- The form is divided into 4 sections.
- Enter the personal details, address details, contact info.
- After filling the application review the application to avoid any type of mistakes in the application form for the voter card.
- Then upload the documents asked in the form for the voter card.
- Then click on the submit option to submit the application form of the voter card.
- In case you have to stop the form and fill it later then click on the save option which will save the details you have entered and then you can continue the application form later.
- The reference number will be issued to you as soon you will successfully submit the application form.
- You can make use of the reference number to later check the status of the application form of the voter card.
Voters ID Offline Method
If you are interested o apply by making use of the offline method then the steps for the same is written below for the assistance of our users. Make use of the steps to apply the voter card id offline.
- The applicant can visit the State Election office to apply for the voter card.
- Ask for the form 6
- Fill the application form carefully.
- Attach the proofs, documents.
- Submit the application form
- After the verification of the application, you submitted for the voter id card.
- You will be issued the voter card after the specific period of time.
Voter id Semi-Online Method
The citizen can apply for the voter card by the semi-online method to ease of the user. Check the steps below for the semi-online method of getting the voter card.
- You can visit the official website of the national commision or the state commission.
- Download the application form.
- Fill the form 6 for the application of voter card.
- Attach the required document.
- Submit the application in the election office either by post or visiting the office.
- After the verification process, you will be issued the voter card to the applicant.
How to Register for Voter ID?
The aspirants can register for the voter card by the following methods.T he applicants can register themselves by procuring the form 6 and fill the form and submit it as the procedure for the same as mentioned above. You also have to upload the documents then the verification of the application also takes place. Then the user will be issued the voter card.
Online Voter Registration
The online registration will save the quality time of the people as the people can easily make use of the portal Online Voter Registration if they have already registered then they can apply the application form to avail the facility of the voter card. As the Online Voter Registration method is accurate as earlier the people make use of an offline method which leads to the spelling errors which can be now be avoided by the use of the online Voter registration. The method is faster and simpler.
Check the procedure below:
Visit the portal http://www.nvsp.in/
- choose the form 6 and fill the ‘Forms for registration in E-Roll’ option on the left side of the screen.
- Then click on the ‘Apply online for registration of new voter’
- Choose state
- Select the Assembly Constituency based on your locality
- Enter your Personal Detail:
- Date of Birth (Place of Birth, Father’s/Mother’s/ Husband’s Name/Family member’s details)
- Upload Documents
- Enter the Declaration Detail
- Submit the application form
Track Voter card Status Online
You can check the voter card status online by the following procedure mentioned as the online portal you are already aware of national voter service portal, You can either visit the official portal whose link will be given in the article below or you can also click on the link here.
- To track the status follow the procedure as follows:
- Visit the official website
- Click on the know the status of your application for enrolment.
- Click on the search method.
- Click on search by name.
- You are also provided by the following options for the search at the portal.
- When the link opens, you will get 2 options to track your application:
You have to enter the application number or the reference number, you can get the status for the same. This will help you to get the EPIC card number.
Search by name
To search by name you can easily get the voter card status. Enter the following details
- Date of birth
- Father’s name
- District constituency
Search by EPIC Number
To search by using the number
Enter basic details specific to your Voter’s card, such as –
- Age/date of birth
- Assembly constituency
- Father’s/Husband’s Name
- Code or captcha to perform the search
Correction of entries in the electoral roll
To get the Correction of entries in the electoral roll follows the following procedure.
- Fill the form Format 8
- Fill all the details.
- Submit the application.
- Your correction of entries in the electoral roll.
Deletion or objection in the electoral roll
To Deletion or objection in electoral roll to delete the electoral roll the procedure for the same is as follows:
- To delete the electoral roll or objection.
- Fill the complete details for the same.
Check your name in Electoral Rolls
You can check the name in the Electoral Rolls online for the use. click on the following link to get the access to the respective
Select your state to search your name in Electoral Rolls and for other information
You can also register your complaints or suggestion if you want on the portal or you can also make use of the link below:
The citizen login, officer login, contact center agent login are the options are available to make the suggestion or the complaints at the official page.
You can make use of the link above to get the complete detail or more doubts.
Voter Card Infographics
Voter Card Infographics
Leave a Comment