A grant scheme for marriage is a financial assistance scheme for women initiated by Uttar Pradesh state government. Under this scheme, the government is providing financial assistance for the marriage of women, which are from the poor families and the government also provides medical assistance to women, before this scheme was given the name of ‘marriage-sickness scheme’ and In the budget of 2014-15, it was closed with some other plans. The main purpose of this scheme is to bring positive change after the birth of a girl in the family, encouraging the marriage of any girl in the state by giving financial assistance to the girl’s marriage and promoting girl’s marriage. Upon becoming eligible for marriage, eligible applicants or candidates under the scheme will have to meet certain eligibility criteria which are mentioned in the article below.
Table of Contents
What is the Vivah Hetu Anudan Yojana?
The Vivah Anudan Hetu Yojana, the government of the state of Uttar Pradesh would be generating an assistance scheme of financially providing them with an monetary amount once she has reached the legal age to get married and only if she belongs to a poor family, in addition to enhancing the value of the scheme the government would also be providing medical assistance to the women who are eligible under the scheme.
Objective of the scheme
- The main aim of launching the scheme is to build awareness amongst girls
- To make a positive change in the lives of the family where a girl child is born
- To make financial support possible on the oncoming of the girl’s marriage once she has reached a suitable age
- To put an end to child marriage before the age of 18 years of age
- To bring a positive impact in encouraging a girls marriage only after she has attained her legal age.
Benefits of grant plan for marriage
- The government provides financial assistance of 20,000 to the family under poverty.
- The government also provides medical assistance of Rs. 10,000.
Eligibility for grant scheme for marriage
- The applicant should be a resident of the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- The annual income of the applicant’s family should be below 46,080 rupees per year in urban areas and Rs 56,460 in urban areas per year.
- All categories of persons such as SC, ST, OBC, minority as well as general who are below the poverty line (BPL) are eligible for this scheme.
Documents required for grant scheme for marriage
- Applicant’s base card
- caste certificate
- income certificate
- Photo size of applicant passport
- Daughter’s Age Certificate (Bride)
- Marriage certificate
- Bank account statement
- Widow/disability certificate if any
How to apply for a grant scheme for marriage?
Applicants can apply online for a grant scheme for marriage in Uttar Pradesh.
Visit the official site for online application.
- Click on the application for the applicant by selecting Caste category and for new registration.
- Now fill the necessary details like date of marriage, name, base number, annual income details, bank account details etc.
- After filling the required details, click Submit.
Reference and Details
For more information about the grant plan for marriage
Conclusion of the scheme
The entire scheme would be beneficial to the nation if launched across the country, as this would help in teaching and make people aware that child marriage is illegal and all women and children of the female sex must be given a chance to live and earn a living for themselves to showcase their talent amongst the male gender. The scheme would also allow less stress on the parents of the women while considering her marriage into another family.