Launched under the supervision of the Union Minister of Human Resource Development (Government of India) Mr Prakash Javadekar as the Vidya-Veerta Abhiyan on the 2nd of May in New Delhi. The battle began a Wall of Valor in 1,000 instructive foundations the nation over. In this specific campaign, Portraits of Param Vir Chakra (PVC) a decorated soldier will be displayed at the designated places at educational campuses to instil a sense of nationalism, bravery and to help build a spirit of respect for the real heroes of the country.
During the inauguration ceremony, the portraits of Param Vir Chakra were handed over to the Vice-Chancellor of Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi University, Jamia Milia Islamia, Jammu and IIT Delhi among other universities that have received the portraits.
What is the Param Vir Chakra?
The Param Vir Chakra is the most astounding courage grant for officers and other enrolled work force of all military fanned of India for the most noteworthy level of valour within the sight of the enemy.
The award was introduced on the 26th of January 1950, this award may be given retrospectively.
Benefits of the Vidya-Veerta Abhiyan
- Instil a sense of nationalism
- Revive and re-energize the patriotic fervour in our young minds
- Organising of such events help in changing atmosphere in our colleges and universities
- Revive the patriotic feeling in our youth
Features of Vidya-Veerta Abhiyan
- Colleges and instructive establishments the nation over will have a “mass of saints”
- Portraits of Param Vir Chakra (PVC) enriched troopers will be shown at assigned places on instructive grounds to impart a feeling of patriotism
- The Frame of valour will be15X20 feet in estimate and will portray the pictures of all the 21 Paramveer Chakra beneficiaries
- The thought of having a mass of saints in colleges was first proposed by a gathering of ex-servicemen who said representations of saints and tanks utilised as a part of wars ought to be put in plain view in the grounds to ingrain sense of “nationalism” and “patriotism” among the understudies
- Amid the initiation function, the pictures of Param Veer Chakra enlivened troopers given over to the Vice Chancellors of Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi University, Jamia Milia Islamia, Jammu and IIT Delhi, among others, to place it in their instructive organisations.
References & Details
- For more details about Vidya-Veerta Abhiyanvisit