Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana is an ambitious social welfare scheme of Narendra Modi Government launched on 1st May 2016 from Ballia in Uttar Pradesh. It covers the economically weaker sections of various states and provides them LPG connections. A major portion of air pollution is caused due to unclean households which can be very easily prevented through some efficient steps.
It was in Bihar by the Petroleum and Natural Gas minister Dharmendra Pradhan on 27th June in 2016.
According to the stats, 20 Lakh LPG connections have been added in Bihar in the last 2 years of NDA government taking the total to 68 Lakh from then 48 Lakh. The target of the central government is to take the number to 1.30 Crore by the year 2019.
Bihar would be the largest beneficiary of the scheme. Out of the total 5 Crore LPG connections, Bihar alone would get 50 Lakh connections in next three years under the Ujjwala Yojana.
• Availability of cooking gas to the women who belong to BPL households.
• Empowerment of women who run the households
• A qualitative change in the lives of women
• Clean cooking gas advantage to the entire family
• Reduction of air pollution
• Healthy lifestyle
Prime Minister NARENDRA MODI said, “Ujjwala Yojana is guided by a strong commitment to bring about a qualitative change in the lives of poor women”.
How to Apply for UJJWALA YOJANA PMUY Scheme and documents required?
- Form for applying for the scheme is available with all LPG distributors all over the country.
- The form is available free of cost
- There is a set of mandatory documents that are to be attached to the application. These are:o Panchayat or municipality issues BPL certificate
o The BPL Ration Card of the woman
o A Photo ID is required to be submitted which could be Aadhar Card or Voter ID Card
o Passport Size Photograph of recent date
- There are two types of LPG cylinders of 15.2 kg and 5 kg which need to be specified by the applicant.
- Completed application form is to be handed over to the LPG distribution service provider itself.
The woman applicant (18+) must belong to the BPL group and her name should
Be there in Pradhan Mantri UjjwalaYojana List. The subsidy would be transferred to the applicant via bank transfer, and therefore the woman applicant has to have an account in any of the nationalised banks in the country. No other household member that the woman applicant belongs to must be an existing LPG subscriber.
• The government has set aside 2000 crore rupees for this project in the current FY. The project is expected to be spread over the next three years for its implementation stage and the total expenditure would be 8000 crores by then, as per estimates.
The government will also provide EMI facility for meeting the cost of stove and refill.