In order to provide free treatment, the Government of Kerala has launched a scheme named Thalolam for children. The scheme was started by the Social Justice Department in Kerala on January 1, 2010. To provide free treatment to the scheme aimed at children under the age of 18 who have kidney disease, heart disease, cerebral palsy, Brittle bone Dijis, Hemophilia, Thalassemia, sickle cell anemia, orthopedic deformities and other neuro-development Disability, suffering from congenital In cases of inconsistencies (endosulfan sufferers) and accidents, the patient needs surgery.
Under this scheme, the government has covered various hospitals for treatment of children and treatment can be done only at those hospitals. The main purpose of this scheme is to provide care and protection to the weaker sections of our community. The Government of Kerala has started various schemes for the welfare of the people. Kerala has launched several social security schemes for the poor and the plan is actually providing assistance to those who cannot get medical treatment.
- 1 Highlights of the Thalolam Scheme in Kerala
- 2 Objectives of the Thalolam Scheme in Kerala
- 3 Benefits of the Thalolam Scheme in Kerala
- 4 Eligibility criteria for Thalolam scheme
- 5 Diseases to be treated under the Thalolam Scheme
- 6 Documentation required for the Thalolam scheme
- 7 How to apply for the Thalolam scheme?
- 8 Conclusion of the scheme
- 9 Contact details
- 10 Reference and Details
Highlights of the Thalolam Scheme in Kerala
- It was named as the Thalolam Scheme in Kerala
- Aimed at providing free health treatment to the children below the age of 18 years
- Launched by the Social Justice Department of Kerala
Objectives of the Thalolam Scheme in Kerala
- The scheme was launched with an aim in mind to give the people of Kerala who have been suffering from various kinds of diseases as they have been mentioned below whilst parents are unable to afford the cost of medical attention that is required in order to give the children a fighting chance and a healthier life.
- The government has strived with many more welfare schemes and aims to do so once again by providing them with free of cost care and protection.
Benefits of the Thalolam Scheme in Kerala
- Kidney disease, heart disease, cerebral palsy, brittle bone disease, hemophilia, thalassemia, sickle cell anemia, orthopedic deformities and other neuro-developmental disability, congenital anomalies (endosulfan victims) and free for children in accident cases treatment The patient who needs the surgery will need surgery.
- May be 50,000 / – Continue to make the initial assistance of Rs decisions additional financial assistance superintendent, department heads and major radioactive Department.
Eligibility criteria for Thalolam scheme
- The applicant should be a resident of Kerala.
- Children must be under 18 years of age.
- The patients who are related to poor families and can not afford medical treatment are eligible for this scheme.
- This plan also includes emergency treatment and surgery.
Diseases to be treated under the Thalolam Scheme
- Kidney disease
- Heart disease
- Brittle bone disease
- Cerebral palsy
- Sickle cell anemia
- Orthopedic deformities
- Other Neuro require diseases such as developmental disability
Included diseases under the scheme
- Under this scheme, congenital anomalies (endosulfan victims) have been included.
Documentation required for the Thalolam scheme
- Aadhar Card
- residence certificate
- Parental Income Certificate
- BPL / APL Card
- Pediatric report
How to apply for the Thalolam scheme?
- The applicant must contact the Social Justice Department of Kerala.
- The cover under the scheme can be contacted by the hospital.
Conclusion of the scheme
The scheme has so far been successful and lakhs of young children have been treated for many types of diseases, these diseases generally found in the under nourished children of the state. The scheme has been a very helpful and beneficial scheme to the poor people of Kerala and the people could never be thankful enough to what the government has been doing for them.
Executive Director, Kerala Social Security Mission, Pujapura, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695012
Phone: 0471-2341200, 2346016 (Fax)
Reference and Details
For more information about thalolam scheme see