Driving Licence Tamil Nadu
Driving Licence is an essential document in everyone’s life and it is issued by the Regional Transport Authorities. Dl gives us the freedom to drive the vehicle anywhere without dependency on public transport. As per the provisions of Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 for driving any vehicle it is compulsory to have a Driving Licence.
Eligible Conditions Driving Licence
Applicant has to fulfill all the conditions for applying the driving licence which is mentioned below-
- The candidate whose age is above 16 years can apply for a driving licence without gear (learner licence).
- An applicant can apply for driving licence with gear or light vehicles only if the candidate is above 18 years.
- Candidate can obtain a driving licence for Transport vehicle only if the applicant has 1-year experience in driving a light motor vehicle and above the 20 years of age.
- Applicant has to appear in a computer test and it is mandatory to pass it for obtaining Learner’s Licence.
Required Documents Tamil Nadu
It is mandatory to attach all the required documents while applying for driving licence in Tamil Nadu.
- Declaration from the candidate about the physical fitness.
- Application Form.
- Medical Certificate.
- Address Proof of the candidate.
- Applicant has to attach the Age proof.
Types of Driving Licence
- Motorcycle without gear – Mopeds and Scooters.
- Motorcycle with gear – Light motor vehicles.
- Commercial vehicles – Bus, Trucks, Vans, etc.
- Road Roller
Application Procedure Driving Licence
The applicant can apply for driving licence offline as well as online which are mentioned below-
Online procedure Tamil Nadu
- Firstly, the applicant has to visit the official site of Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
- Click on driving licence services.
- Applicant has to enter the state.
- Now select an option New Driving Licence.
- Now applicant has to fill all the necessary details and upload all the documents mentioned above.
- Applicant has to submit the driving licence fee.
- Computer test is conducted for learner’s licence and every applicant has to clear that test.
- Now applicant has to select the slot for test and it is compulsory to appear in a test.
- Driving licence will be sent directly to the address of the applicant by the post.
Offline Procedure Tamil Nadu
- Applicant has to go to the Regional Transport Office
- Collect the application form of driving licence from the RTO.
- Applicant has to fill all the required details in the application form of driving licence.
- It is mandatory to attach all the necessary documents mentioned above and then submit the form to the same office.
- Applicant has to appear on a computer test on the same day and it is compulsory to score minimum marks.
- If an applicant fulfils the minimum requirement of computer test then he has to appear in a driving test after 30 days.
- After the completion of a driving test, driving licence will be sent to the applicants address through post.
Renewal of Driving Licence in Tamil Nadu
For renewing the driving licence, follow the steps mentioned below-
- Firstly the application will be made by the driving licence holder.
- The licence holder cannot apply for renewal only as if the applicant is disqualified for the driving licence.
- If the licence holder renewed the licence after 5 years than in this case the applicant has to apply for a new driving licence.
Documents Required for Renewing the Licence
Applicant has to attach the documents mentioned below for renewing the driving licence.
- Driving Licence of the applicant.
- Applicants Birth Certificate.
- Passport size photographs of the applicant.
- Form – 1A, If the applicant’s age is above 50 years. (physical fitness declaration)
- Download Form No. 9 for a renewal application form.
- Sometime They Will Ask You For Tamil Nadu Ration Card Which Is Also Know As TNPDS
Procedure for Renewing Driving Licence
Follow the given steps below for renewing the licence-
- Firstly, visit the nearest Regional Transport Office.
- Submit the application form along with the required documents.
- Now applicant has to pay the required fee for renewing the driving licence which is approximately Rs. 200/-.
- After the verification of documents, driving licence will be issued to the applicant.
Read Also Tamil Nadu Police Online Fir
Leave a Comment