Table of Contents
Death Certificate Tamil Nadu
Death Certificate helps the Government to maintain the death occurred in a State. This certificate issued by the State Authorities after the person’s demise. As per the Act Birth and Death Registration,1969 Every death should be registered within 21 days and the death certificate will be issued to the nearest relative of the deceased person.
Benefits of Death Certificate
Obtaining the death certificate have several benefits which are mentioned below-
- To settle the conflicts related to the property.
- It will help the deceased person family to claim benefits such as insurance claim and other monetary benefits.
- The death certificate will be used as an evidence of cause, place, and date of death.
For applying the death certificate applicant has to attach necessary documents mentioned below-
- Tamil Nadu Ration Card of the deceased person.
- An evidence which states the cause, place, and date of death.
- Deceased person birth proof.
The following table shows the responsibility of the person for registering the death-
|S.No.||Place of Death||Who is responsible for registering the death|
|1||Jail||In-charge of jail|
|3||House||The eldest member of the family|
|4||Local area||Head of the village|
Application Procedure Tamil Nadu
The applicant can apply death certificate while following the given steps below-
- Collect the application form from concerned registrar office.
- Fill all the necessary details in the form and attach all the required documents.
- Now submit the application form to the concerned office.
- After submission, the registrar will verify the documents and information then the certificate will be issued to the applicant.
Applicant has to pay the required fee for obtaining a death certificate which is mentioned below-
- The applicant will charge Rs.25/- for each copy.
- For searching death record will charge Rs.25/- per copy.
- If death is registered after 1 month then it will charge Rs.25/- per copy and if death is registered after 1 year then the applicant has to pay Rs.50/- for each copy.
- Fee stamping has to be affixed on the application form and it will charge Rs.2/-.
Must Read Tamil Nadu Velaivaippu