The Chief Minister’s comprehensive health insurance scheme is aimed at benefiting 1.34 crore families. The chief minister of Tamil Nadu Jayalalithaa distributed identity cards and approval letters for the treatment to seven beneficiaries at the Secretariat to mark the inauguration.
She also handed over a cheque of INR. 183.64 Crore to the chairman and managing director of the United India Insurance Company (which has been chosen to implement the scheme).
Benefits of the scheme
- The Chief Minister Comprehensive Health Insurance scheme provides benefits in the form of free medical and surgical treatment in government and private hospitals
- The scheme provides cashless hospitalization facility for certain specified procedures. The scheme provides coverage up to INR. 1, 00,000 per family per year on a floater basis for the ailments and procedures
- For certain specified ailments and procedures of critical nature, the overall limit is increased from INR. 1, 00,000 to INR. 1,50,000
Under the scheme, the amount of money to be given is assured for each family will be given for four years and each year the sum would be Rs.1 lakh and a total value of Rs. 4 lakh. In some cases of a certain amount may be raised to Rs.1.5 lakh per annum.as per the ceiling More than 250 hospitals would be empanelled under the scheme. It is aimed to have at least six hospitals in each district. There would be more hospitals in cities which are more populated such as Chennai, Coimbatore, and Madurai.
- Every member of a family whose annual family income is less than Rs.72,000/- as certified by Village Administrative Officer
- Other people who are be declared to be eligible for coverage under the “Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme” by the Government will be “Eligible Persons” under the scheme
Conditions to apply for the Insurance Scheme
- All candidates who are in the family should have the name in ration card
- “Family” includes the eligible member and the members of his or her family as detailed below
- Legal spouse of the eligible person
- Children of the eligible person till they get employed or married or attain the age of 25 years, whichever is earlier, and who are dependent on the eligible person.
- Dependent parents of the eligible person
Must Read, Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Ration card
- Income certificate
- The smart card of the scheme (The new enrollment and issue of cards will be through district kiosk established by the insurance company at the District Collectorate)
- Aadhar card
- Free health camps will be conducted by network hospitals as per the directions were given by Project Director of Tamil Nadu Health Systems Society. Minimum of one camp per month per impaneled hospital will be held in the districts in each policy year. The persons who need treatment are identified in the Health camps. Such patients can approach the hospital in the network and follow the guidelines below
- A new Health Insurance identity card with biometrics is being issued to all those members who have been holding the smart cards in the earlier scheme.
- Till such time new cards are issued the public can use the earlier smart (Health) cards
- This card should be shown at the Assistance Counter established at the empaneled hospital.
- After due verification of the details and authenticating the identity of the patient by the Liaison Officer, the necessary Pre-authorization request for the cashless facility will be submitted by the DMO of the hospital.
- The Project Office will approve the request for authentication of the identity and provided the procedure planned is within the Scheme
You can get all the detail of the beneficiary on the official page of the insurance scheme of Tamil Nadu or you can make use of the link to get the beneficiary detail. BENEFICIARY DETAIL. The image is also provided below for the same.
You can also search the beneficiary detail either by urn number search or search the detail of the beneficiary for the claim of the insurance. The link and images to both of them are given below. Check the images and link.
SEARCH BY DETAIL
You can easily claim for the money of insurance if you are the member of the scheme and have already registered. To claim for the insurance you have to visit the official website to know about the steps or you can directly login by clicking on the link given along to apply for the claim Insurance CLAIM INSURANCE. The image is also given below for your assistance. You have to fill your user ID and password to log in yourself at the portal.
Pdf of Insurance Scheme
The pdf is also given along for the assistance of the viewer to get all the information in detail. To get the complete information You can make use of the pdf file either you can download the pdf file or view it online. You can get the pdf file by clicking on the link given along. PDF of Insurance Scheme
Whom to contact and where to contact?
- Write To Us [email protected]
- Toll-Free Number: 1800 425 3993
Reach Us At
Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme
No.226, Om Sakthi Towers,
Kilpauk Garden Road, Kilpauk,
Chennai-600010, Tamil Nadu
- To get hospital address and contact details please click here
References & details
- For more details regarding documents and other help please visit Official website
- Hospital list
- Diagnostic Center
Leave a Comment