In order to provide relief to Endosulfan victims, the Government of Kerala (Social Justice Department) has launched the Snehashvasham Yojna under this scheme, the government provides financial support to endosulfan victims. Those who are severely affected or disabled and lying on the bed. Kasaragod’s important cashew plantation in the north of Kerala extends to approximately 5600 acres in most northern districts of Kerala. Endosulfan is a chemical substance that is widely used as a pesticide and insecticides for cashew plantations. This lethal pesticide sprinkled on cashew plantation was absorbed by soil and land which had severely affected many lives of cashew plantation area of Kasargod district. The United Nations classified endosulfan in 62 countries as highly dangerous pesticides and was banned.
Despite this fact, endosulfan is now restricted. For 26 years, the Kerala government has restricted the lethal pesticide spraying in government-owned cashew gardens under the Plantation Corporation of Kerala. Therefore, the government started this scheme to provide care and protection to endosulfan victims. The Government of Kerala started various schemes for the welfare of the people. Many social security schemes have been started for the poor people of the state, and this scheme really helps those who suffer from endosulfan.
Benefits of the Snehasantamanam Yojana
- Financial aid of 2000 / -your bedridden endosulfan victims is given.
- Benefits of Rs.1700 / – are available for such obscure endosulfan victims, which are 300 / – as disability pension.
- Financial assistance of Rs.1000 / – is given to all other Endosulphan victims. Based on the list of endosulfan victims created by the district collector
- It also provides educational support for children.
- Classes 1 to 7: 2000 / – for students studying in classes 1 to 7
- Class 8th to 10th: Educational assistance of Rs. 3000 / – for children studying in classes 8 to 10
- Class 11th to 12th: Educational assistance of Rs. 4000 for children studying in class 11th to 12th standard.
- Apart from this, Kerala Social Security Mission is now providing monthly support to people looking for Endosulphan victims, especially those who are mentally retarded from the 700 rupees per month under the Snehasantamanam scheme or those who are mentally retarded.
In addition to this, the government has directed the Mission to provide an ambulance to 11 Endosulfan affected panchayats of Kasargod and increase the wages of Rs.1500 per month per month for the Qoys School employees of Endosulfan affected Panchayat of Kasargod district.
Eligibility for the Snehashvashnam scheme
- The applicant should be a resident of the state of Kerala.
- Endosulfan sufferers are eligible for this scheme.
Documents required for the Snehashvashnam scheme
- Application form
- Aadhar Card
- Children’s educational certificate
- Medical certificate
- Bank account statement
How to Apply for the Snehavashankam Scheme?
- The applicant should go to the Kerala Social Security Mission’s offices in Kerala.
- The applicants visit the Social Justice Department in Kerala.
Executive Director, Kerala Social Security Mission, Pujapura, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695012
Phone: 0471-2341200, 2346016 (Fax)
E-mail: [email protected]
Reference and Details
For more information on the Snehavashankam scheme
Application for Academic Support of Endosulfan Victims
Renewal Form for Educational Support
Leave a Comment