The state government of Gujarat has launched the Shravan Tirthdarshan Yojana under the supervision and guidance of the Chief Minister Vijay Rupani on Gujarat day in Ahmedabad. The scheme is only meant for senior citizens to aid them to cover important religious destinations in Gujarat.
Officials of the (Yatra Dham Vikas Board )YDVB said that senior citizens would be divided into groups and will have to make travel plans for two nights and three days programs and approach the respective state transport depots. The representative of the YDVB will certify the same and the 50% of the journey cost by non-AC ST bus will be carried by the state.
Objective of Shravan Tirthdarshan Yojana
In this scheme, the government aims to pay 50% costs of Tirth Yatra by a Non-AC state transport bus in the state. This scheme will be launched for the groups of senior citizens, regardless of the communities to which they belong. Besides, this scheme will help them and cover important religious destinations in Gujarat.Mahendra Trivedi, the chairman of Yatra Dham Vikas Board (YDVB) said, “There are no restrictions for any community.
Benefits of this Scheme to the elderly
- The scheme is specially launched for Senior Citizens.
- The Government is said to pay 50% costs of Tirth Yatra by Non-AC state transport bus in the state
- The Government will provide subsidies for all senior citizens going on Tirth Yatra within the state in its budget.
- There is no restriction for any community senior citizens. They can avail the benefit of the scheme.
- Applicants must be the resident of Gujarat
- Applicant’s age must be 60+.
The interested people can apply for the scheme by filling a simple application form which is given below. Under the scheme, groups of senior citizens will have to make travel plans for two night and three-day programs and approach respective state transport depots.
Documents required for being applicable
Any one of the following document required
- Aadhar Card
- Ration Card
- Driving License
Leave a Comment