10,000 rupees scholarship for the best students in class 10 examinations was considered as there was a time when girls had to face the problems of being involved in various board examinations due to financial constraints. Looking at all these problems, the UP government is going to launch an attractive scheme for eligible students of class 10. Deputy Chief Minister Dinesh Sharma, who is also a secondary education minister, has announced on Tuesday. Under which Uttar Pradesh Government will provide scholarships up to a thousand rupees for one lakh girls of the state.
Objectives of the Scholarship program
- This scheme is meant to provide happiness to the girls. Officials said that this scheme will be on the lines of the existing Kanya Vidya Bhoomi Yojana (KVDY), which is provided to girls who get specialisation in class 12.
- The new scheme will be given to those who are the best in the high school. Sharma has issued instructions to the Additional Chief Secretary to make budget provision for this scheme.
Features of the Scholarship Program
- Under the scheme, the UPA Government will provide financial assistance to girls on the basis of merit.
- According to the officials, the District Magistrate will be asked to make a list of meritorious students of their districts and send them to the Secondary Education Department.
- This scholarship scheme is completely devoted to girl students where they have passed the Class 10 examination from any relevant board.
- This includes students of ICSE, CBSE, UP Board and UP Madarsa Board.
Further Details on the Scholarship Program
After coming to power in 2012, Former Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav’s government started two schemes for girls who passed the Class X examination. One was ‘our daughter was his tomorrow’ and the second was “Read daughters to increase daughters” apart from KVDY, for the students studying in class 12th. While the beneficiaries of the preschool minority community and other schemes were students of below poverty line (BPL) families, however, the scheme lasted only one year, after which the plan was abolished due to corruption complaints.
About the Kanya Vidya Dhan Yojana
Along with that, KVDY was launched in 2012, KVDY was initially for those girls who came from BPL families, but after two years, the norms were changed and the selection started on the basis of ‘merit’ I went.
Sharma asked the officials to speed up the process of setting up the education tribunal of Uttar Pradesh. The Tribunal said the officer will act as a Lokpal and address the complaints of more than 5 lakh employees of the schools run by the Basic Education Board and government-aided secondary schools. A retired High Court judge headed by the Tribunal will be the judge. The scope of the tribunal will be extended to higher education.
In order to participate in a presentation of the Department of Secondary and Higher Education, Sharma instructed the officers to ensure that all government colleges will start from July 10, whereas government-aided classes will be started from July 15. He asked the officials to finalise the transfer policy of the teachers. Online transfer policy will be applicable to teachers of primary, secondary and higher education.
Even the smallest of monetary appreciation given to the students could boost the level of education the children of today follow, all the students would do well creating a good sense of competition and build students focus towards their studies helping to build a better and more advanced nation with girl power.
Leave a Comment