The Government of Kerala has started financial assistance for blind and orthopedically disability advocacy with the help of the Social Justice Department. In this scheme, the Government provides financial assistance to blind and orthopedically disabled people with disabilities. Visually assisted people who practice in any court in Kerala state can avail of this scheme. Initially, the government gives a non-recurring grant of Rs. 2500 / – and 1000 rupees per month for the purchase of the book, suit etc. for a period of 5 years. Advocates suffering from cerebral palsy are eligible for Rs 2500 for their initial expenses.
In the last few years, positive changes are being made in the perception of society towards disabled persons. It has now been felt that the handicapped persons can have better quality if they have effective access to equal opportunities and rehabilitation measures. About this, the Kerala government has given a very good initiative for advocates by providing them financial assistance. Kerala is known as the most literate state in India and such steps are truly commendable.
Benefits of Financial Assistance for Persons with Disabilities and Orthopedic Disabilities
- Advantages of the Financial Assistance for Advocates practicing in any court in Kerala State
- 2500 / – The initial expenditure of Rs. 2500 / –
- The government also gives the reader allowance of Rs. 1000 per month for a period of 5 years.
- Eligibility criteria for financial assistance for blind and orthopedically disabled people
- The applicant should be a resident of the state of Kerala.
- The annual income of the family should not exceed Rs. 18,000 / –
- The blind and orthopedically disabled advocates who are practicing in any court in the state of Kerala are eligible for this scheme.
Documents required for financial assistance for blind and orthopedically disabled people
- Aadhar Card
- Application form
- Physically disabled certificate
- Passport size photos
- Certificate of title
How blind and orthopedically disabled advocates can apply for the financial assistance?
- Applicants must fill in the application form and engage all necessary documents.
- Submit application in District Social Justice Office (DSJO) in Kerala.
- Chief Probation Superintendent, Social Justice Directorate, Vikas Bhawan, Fifth Floor, Thiruvananthapuram
- Phone: 0471-2300672
This scheme could really help build a future for lawyers who are not as normal as the others but are brilliant enough to carry on pursuing the work of getting people justice in the courts of India, the government of India salutes these lawyers who even after being mentally and physically oppressed are still out their fighting to build a life for them and their families at the same time. The states where small time lawyers have been working for years in getting people their justice are now being paid much more attention than previously under the leadership of other governments.
Reference and Details
For more information on financial aid for blind and orthopedically disabled lawyers
Leave a Comment