Introducing the Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Yojana in the state of Maharashtra in an effort to help the dispute, disabled, blind, orphans, divorced women, people suffering from serious and acute illness, women who have broken free from prostitution, abandoned women, transgender and outraged women etc. The government plans on helping these people by providing them with financial assistance. Though the scheme has not only benefitted these people but has also benefitted widows with children.
People who have real requirements for the money offered under the scheme by the government according to an announcement made by the government a single person would be offered an amount of INR. 600 per month and if there are two people in a family they would be provided with INR. 900 per month, but there is a catch in the scheme the amount would be provided to the family until and his/her son is 25 years of age but in the case if she has a daughter then the scheme would still continue to be provided to them.
Highlights of the scheme
- The scheme has been named as the Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Yojana
- It was launched by the state government of Maharashtra
- A beneficial amount of INR. 600 would be provided to individuals and INR. 900 to those who have families.
Benefits of the Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Yojana
- Individually affected people would receive a total amount of INR. 600 per month as an assistant financial support.
- Families that more than one person who has been affected in any manner would receive an amount of INR. 900 per month as financial support under the scheme.
Eligibility criteria of the Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Yojana
- Disabled people should have a disabled percentage of 40%
- People who have been affected should be below the age of 65 years
- The person applying for the Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Yojana must have a family of maximum INR. 21000, if in any possible circumstance his/her family income is raised they would be considered not eligible for the scheme
- Most importantly the applicant must be a resident of Maharashtra
- Here is a list of situations through which if been through they would be considered eligible:
- Disputed people
- Orphan Children
- Divorced women
- People suffering from serious and acute illness
- Women who have broken free from prostitution
- Abandoned women
- Transgender and
- Outraged women
Documentation required to apply for the Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Yojana
- He/She must fill in the form that would be provided by the government
- He/She must provide a certificate of proof of residency in Maharashtra
- Certificate of proof of age
- Salary slip or bank statement must be prepared to prove income range
- Documentation of proof that he/she lives Below the Poverty Line
- Certificate of incapacity
- A medical certificate issued by a medical superintendent or a civil surgeon from any government hospital.
How to apply for the Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Yojana?
- An applicant must have fixed an appointment with the Tehsil of that particular village
- He or she must visit the Tehsildar of the area
- The people affected in any manner must also visit the office of District Social Welfare of the respective District for the scheme to be effective as soon as possible.
Reference and details
You could download the application form play store or check out the official website to download the application form and to obtain other documents online.
Conclusion of the scheme
Schemes as such as these are very effective as a lot of people on a daily basis are affected by situations like these and are suffering from them. This would help in assisting them and giving them a push towards a greater way of hope and a chance to start a better and immersive life. Considering the future for the survivors who have been through things as such is a very thoughtful step taken by the government.
Leave a Comment