The development story of India is incomplete without being inclusive of the villages and rural area of the country. “If we have to build the nation, we have to start from the villages”. This is, in fact, has been repeatedly emphasized by Prime Minister Modi in his speeches.
Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana is a unique initiative by the Government of India. To transform the villages of the country, in a way that they become models of development for others to follow. The focus of the scheme will not be the infrastructural and material development of the villages. Instead, the Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana will lay emphasis on a value-driven, holistic approach. To devise a developmental model which is sustainable and far-sighted. In that direction, this particular scheme aims to leverage and channelize the energy, capacity, and commitment of the Members of Parliament. As an effective way of transforming the rural area in their respective constituencies/states.
Launch of Yojana
Goal of SAGY
Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana envision to be a result-orient, time-bound initiative. The goal of the scheme has been very clearly defines to develop three Adarsh Grams per Member of Parliament, by March 2019, of which one to achieve by 2016 itself. Thereafter, five such Adarsh Grams (one per year) the government will select and develop by each MP, by the year 2024
Key Areas of Transformation under the SAGY.
The value-centric model of development that the scheme adopts is quite diverse in its approach and touches different spheres of personal and community life.
- The whole model of development can be broadly classified into four major areas of transformation: personal, human, social and economic development.
- The transformation at the personal level will aim at improving the quality of life of an average villager, by reinventing the individual values, hygiene, culture, religion, and behavioral aspects.
- At the level of transformation of the humankind, the essential entities like education, healthcare, and nutrition will be worked upon.
- Reforms with socio-economic implications, like social justice, dispute resolution, citizen services, financial inclusion, and skill development will help raise the overall bar of the rural lifestyle.
- Together, the work done on improving the scenario of all these areas will help bring about a development which is truly sustainable, and responsive to the needs of rural India.
Read Also :- Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana
How does Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana Work?
In almost 70 years of independence, several schemes for the development of rural India. Most of these schemes have just come and passed by, without creating much impact. The situation of rural India, on the ground, remains largely the same.
There can be several reasons. The primary one being a major disconnect between the development inputs being delivered by the government agencies, and the actual real-time requirements of the villages. Another reason for being an unruly focus on infrastructure and expenditure, completely ignoring the social and cultural aspects of development. In fact, in many decades that have gone by, villages of the country have been made to rely more on the grants and subsidies by the government agencies, than to make the village entities self-reliant and self-sufficient.
The Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana aims to plug in these gaps and provide a comprehensive model of development, which is weaved around and caters to the needs of the specific village. One of the best strategies for implementation in that direction was to involve the Member of Parliament from the region as an instrumental entity in the whole process.
Identification of Adarsh Gram
A Gram Panchayat would be the basic unit in the implementation of the scheme. It will have a population of 3000-5000 in plain areas and 1000-3000 in hilly, tribal and difficult areas. The MP would be free to identify a suitable Gram Panchayat from his constituency, to develop as Adarsh Gram.
After identification of the village develop as an Adarsh gram, the next step will be to prepare a Village Development Plan (VDP) for every identified Gram Panchayat, with a special focus on enabling every poor household to come out of poverty. An important part of this will be the stimulation of a favorable environment and social mobility, to garner maximum inputs from the villagers themselves.
Once the Village Development Plan has been drafted based upon the inputs of the local villagers and approval by the gram panchayat, the next step would be the projectization of the whole exercise, into term- based targets of 3 months, 6 months, 1 year and beyond. The entire exercise concerned departmental officials will implement it.
Outcomes of the Scheme & Key Beneficiaries
The outcomes of the Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana reflect more in terms of the value-based, holistic growth of the village, rather any major infrastructural leaps.
- There will be a significant impact on the overall quality of life of the rural population.
- With improvement in availability, as well as usability of basic amenities like safe drinking water, sanitation, health care, cleanliness, education, digital infrastructure, transportation, and connectivity.
- The scheme is also expected to generate new and sustainable employment opportunities for the younger village population.
- Digital infrastructure of the villages, with all citizen services being computerized.
- Reform and upliftment of the weakest and most deprived section of the society.
The SAGY issued the specific guideline for the reason to launch the project, its role and achievements, goals and much more about SAGY and each one is pointed as below.
- MAHATMA GANDHI’S VISION OF A MODEL VILLAGE
- VALUES OF SANSAD ADARSH GRAM YOJANA
- LESSONS FROM THE PAST
- ACTIVITIES IN AN ADARSH GRAM
Must Read National Scholarship Program
Apply online for SAGY
You can apply for the scheme either visiting the official website of the SAGY. Or you can click on the link given along for the guidance. If you are interested to make use of the link to avail the benefit of the scheme.
Log in SAGY
If you are already registered and a user of the SAGY and you want to login to the portal you can log in easily by visiting the official page of the SAGY. If you are interested you can make use of the link given along to log in yourself at the portal.
Steps for login
- Enter your user id.
- Enter your password.
- Enter the code given along on the page.
- Click on the login option.
You can support the portal SAGY by visiting the official website. Click on the link to log in at the portal to support the portal. You can also support the portal from your facebook, email, twitter account. To support the portal through the link provided below enter the email id and password to open the page and support the portal. For supporting the portal you can log in by clicking the link
Check/ Review of performance
Check or review of the SAGY easily online on the SAGY portal and also click on the link to directly visit the pdf or you can download or view it online.
Leave a Comment