Small agriculturists of the nation don’t have the financial quality to hold their ranch create with them till the market costs end up plainly positive. There has been a felt requirement in the nation to give the cultivating group offices for logical capacity so wastage and deliver decay are stayed away from and empower farmers to meet their credit necessity without being constrained to offer their product at troublesome costs.
A system of rustic godowns will empower little agriculturists to improve their holding limit with a specific end goal to offer their product at reasonable costs and keep away from trouble deals. As needs are, Grameen Bhandaran Yojana, a Capital Investment Subsidy Scheme for Construction/Renovation of Rural Godowns was presented in 2001-2002.
Objectives of the Scheme
- Creation of logical stockpiling limit with associated offices in provincial zones to meet the prerequisites of ranchers for putting away homestead deliver, prepared homestead product and agrarian data sources
- Promotion of reviewing, institutionalization and quality control of rural delivery to enhance attractiveness
- Prevention of misery deal quickly after reap by giving the office of low financing and showcasing credit
- Strengthening of agrarian promoting framework in the nation with the presentation of a national arrangement of distribution center receipts, in regard to farming products, put away in such go downs
- Reverse the declining pattern of interest in farming area by empowering private and helpful segments to put resources into capacity framework in the nation
Who can profit from this plan?
- Farmers/Group of ranchers/cultivators
- Partnership/Proprietary firms
- Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)
- Self-Help Groups (SHGs)
- Companies and Corporations
- Local Bodies other than Municipal Corporations
- Agricultural Produce Marketing Committees (APMCs)
- Marketing Boards and Agro Processing Corporations in the whole nation
Help for remodeling of country go downs will be that as it may be confined to go downs developed by cooperatives as it were.
- The project for construction of rural go downs can be taken up by individuals, farmers, group of farmers / Growers, Partnership / Proprietary firms, Non-Government Organizations (NGO’s), Self-Help Groups (SHGs), Companies, Corporations, Co-operatives, Agro-Processing Co-operative Societies, Agricultural Produce Marketing Committees, Marketing Boards and Agro Processing Corporations in the entire country, Assistance for renovation / expansion of rural go down will however, be restricted to the go downs constructed by cooperatives only.
Under the scheme, the entrepreneur will be free to construct go down at any place and of any size as per his commercial judgment except for the restrictions that it would be outside the limits of Municipal Corporation area and be of a minimum capacity of 100 MT.
Subsidy under the scheme is linked to institutional credit and will be available to only such projects as are financed by commercial banks, cooperative banks, and regional rural banks, ADFCs, Scheduled PCBs, NEDFI and other institutions eligible for the refinance from NABARD. Credit to the business visionary’s from banks for the development/redesign/extension of go downs and so on would convey a satisfactory long haul reimbursement period.
Help under the plan might be accessible on the capital cost of development of going down as it was. Banks will be that as it may be allowed to fund, notwithstanding capacity, associated offices like shopper shop, Agriclinics, measuring, evaluating, bundling and quality certification, warehousing and so forth to meet different necessities of the agriculturists.
A general awareness program on the scheme for the farmers and a training program for the entrepreneur for construction, maintenance, and operation of Rural go down will be organized by the National Institute of Agricultural Marketing, Jaipur (NIAM) and also be eligible under the scheme for assistance.