Sikkim Ration Card
The Ration card of the Sikkim is an essential document for the people of the Sikkim state who want to get the benefit of the food grains and the other basic life commodities at reasonable prices. The people having the ration card get the ration at the low prices than the market prices. It is also used in case you want to prove the identity or can also use it for applying for the other documents of the state. The ration card is issued to the candidates by the Department of the food and civil supplies after the completed process of verification of the application and the documents submitted by them.
Benefits of Ration Card Sikkim
The benefits of the Ration card Sikkim are mentioned as follows, You should be aware of them in case you want to apply for ration card or you are a Ration cardholder of the Sikkim state. So have a look at the points given below to know about the benefits of the ration card.
- You can get the ration at the cheap prices if you have a ration card of the state Sikkim
- You can apply for the other documents if you have a Ration card.
- To get the various benefits of the schemes launched by the state and the central government can only be availed in case you are a ration card holder.
- You can make use of it as a residence proof in case you don’t have the residence certificate of the state.
Sikkim Types Of Ration Card
The following given are the types of Ration card. You should study the table given below to know and get the correct information about which type of ration card you can apply for.
The Sikkim Government issues three types of ration cards to citizens depending upon the economic status of the applicant.
|S.No||Ration Card Type||Eligible families|
|1.||BPL (Below Poverty Line) cards.||The families whose income is below Rs.10,000/-
|2.||APL (Above Poverty Line) cards||The Families whose income is above Rs, 10,000/-|
|3.||AAY cards( Antodaya Anna Yojana)||Families who don’t have a stable income source.|
Eligibility Criteria Ration Card Sikkim
The following pointed indicates the eligibility for the people who can apply for the Ration card Sikkim. You should check the points below if you are interested to apply for the Ration card Sikkim state.
- The candidate applying should be the Permanent Resident of the state Sikkim.
- The Candidate applying should not be a ration card holder already.
- The candidates who belong to the poor background can only avail the ration at a low price.
- The candidate whose ration card has been lost or expired can apply for the new by submitting the old ration card to the concerned department.
- Newly married Couples can apply for the Ration card of the state.
Subsidy Given on Ration
As you already aware of the ration card holders will get the ration at the Subsidized prices, so you should be aware of the amount of the ration and the subsidy you will get or the price you have to pay for the Ration to get the Ration at the ration card.
AAY (Antodaya Annadan yojana) The ration card holder of AAY Schemes can get the ration up to 35 kgs of rice at free of cost.
APL (Above Poverty Line) The ration card holder of APL Schemes whole meal atta at Rs.8/- per kg.
BPL (Below Poverty Line) cards The ration card holder of BPL Schemes entitled to 35 kgs of rice at Rs.4/- per kg.
Ration Card Sikkim Documents Required
The documents which are required in case you want to apply for the Ration card Sikkim, Check the list of the documents needed in the below-given points.
Identity proof of the candidate applying and you can give any one of the following.
- Voter card
- PAN card
- Driving License
Residence proof of the candidate applying and you can give any one of the following.
- Aadhaar card
- Voter card
- LPG connection details
- Electricity or Water Bill
Age proof of the candidate applying and you can give any one of the following.
- School certificate
- Birth certificate
There are no charges for the Application of the ration card of the Sikkim state as it is free of cost as if the charges charged for processing of the application will be nominal.
Read Also Ganga Prasad Governor Sikkim Office Address
The validity of the ration card is for 5 years as after every 5 years you have to renew the ration card due to the change in the economic condition of the people availing the ration card. so ration card has to be renewed as only the eligible people can get the benefit of the ration at a low price in the Sikkim state.
The authority which is responsible for the verification and the allotment of the ration card to the eligible candidates is done by the department of food and civil supplies under the system of under Targeted Public Distribution System.
Procedure for Sikkim Ration Card
The procedure to apply the ration card of the Sikkim state has been mentioned below. The user wants to apply for the ration card of the state Sikkim can make use of the procedure given below.
In order to apply for the ration card Sikkim, you have to visit the official site whose link has been given below.
You can also visit the Food and Civil Supplies department under the Sikkim Government.
- You have to then Click on “Download forms” option.
- Then click on the Form for new ration card.
- Then the candidate can download the form.
- Then enter the details asked in the application form of Ration card Sikkim.
- Then you have to attach the documents mentioned above in the article.
- Then submit the application form to the nearby concerned department.
- You will get the acknowledgment slip, you can make use of the acknowledgment slip to check the status of the application submitted by you.
- After the verification by the concerned department, you will be issued the Ration card of the state.
Track Application Status
You can also check the status of the application submitted by you by making use of the acknowledgment slip and the application number written on it.
You have to enter the application number at the official site. You will get the status of the application submitted by you.
Check Also Ayushman Mitra Recruitment 2019
Check name in ration card list
You can visit the official website of Food and civil supplies of Sikkim Government by making use of the link given along.
- Then you have to Click on “Ration Card” option.
- Then select the type of list you want to check beneficiaries list of AAY & PHH list.
- Then you have to click on the “Ration card details” option.
- Then select your District.
- Select your Taluka/Tehsil.
- Choose the FPFS ID/ FPS Owner name.
- Then check your name on the list.
- You can also enter the Ration card Number.
- Then click on view ration card.
- You would be able to check the name in the ration card List.
Department of Food and Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs
Address: Food and Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department, Gangtok-737101
Helpline number: 1800-345-3236
Leave a Comment