The state government has introduced a new security pension scheme named ‘Rajya Samajik Suraksha Pension Yojana’ for the providing an assistance in form of pension to the widows, disabled, helpless and bonded labourers aged over 60 years of the state.
Rajya Samajik Suraksha Pension Yojana or Social Security Pension Scheme has been launched by the state government of Bihar lead by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar. This scheme has been started for providing an assistance to of Rs 200 in the form of a pension to the people of BPL families having age more than 60 years but less than 65 years. Widows, disabled, helpless and bonded labourers aged over 60 years whose annual income from all the sources is less than Rs 5500/ – for urban areas and for rural areas Rs 5000/ -. They will be provided Rs 100 per head per month.
Social Security pension schemes are implemented by the Social Justice and Empowerment Department, (SJED) Government of Rajasthan. In particular, Article 41 of the Constitution of India directs the State to provide public assistance to its citizens in case of destitute, old age, sickness and disablement and in other cases of undeserved want within the limit of its economic capacity and development. It is in accordance with these principles that the Government of India introduced in 1995 the National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP) to lay a foundation for a National Policy for Social Assistance for the poor.
Under the Social Security Pension Scheme,
• Old, widow, disabled, helpless and bonded labourers of the state whose age is above 60 years and whose annual income is less than Rs. 5500 / – for urban areas and Rs. 5000 / – for rural areas are paid per month pensioner’s rate of Rs. 100 / -.
• The age limit of 60 years is not applicable in relation to widows, disabled and bonded labourers.
Under Central Scheme
• The Central Government provides Rs 75 / – per pensioner per month for old age pensioners.
• In this amount, Bihar government arranges to pay Rs. 100 / – per person by giving Rs. 25 / – per pensioner per month from social security pension.
• The applications can be given in the Block Office, which is forwarded by the Block Development Officer after scrutinising all the facts, with the recommendation of the sub-divisional office, and the sub-divisional officer approves the applications after their satisfaction.
• Pensioners are paid by the Department of Pension to Pension.
The age limit is not applicable for the widows, workers and disabled. Under the central scheme, Rs 75 are provided to the old age pension holders. Bihar government is adding Rs 25 in this scheme. Now they will be provided Rs 100 per month.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR RAJYA SAMAJIK SURAKSHA PENSION YOJANA?
The eligible applicants can submit their application in the related Office Block. The block development officers send these applications along with recommendations to the subdivision office for the approval, after examining all the facts. The circle officer accepts these applications after full satisfaction.
The pension to the pension holders is given by the camp.
Pension can be sanctioned to a man of 58 years of age, or a 55-year-old woman having the following eligibility:
• The real resident of Rajasthan and the date of application is in Rajasthan for a period of at least seven years.
• There is no source of income for a living or regular income.
• No member of his family is 25 years of age or older or physically disabled in earning a livelihood.
• List of families below the poverty line and the person (male/female) above 65 years of family who are HIV / AIDS positive and registered with the Rajasthan State AIDS Control Society, are also vulnerable. It will be considered and relaxation is available in eligibility conditions.
• The income of less than half the agricultural land in the prescribed limit for marginal farmers has not been included in the income for the concept of eligibility for the approval of the pension under these rules.
Where to Apply?
The eligible rural person eligible for the pension can submit the application in the prescribed form to the Development Officer, Panchayat Samiti (in which the application is residing) and application of Urban Area Sub-Office officer. Application forms are available free of charge in Panchayat Samiti, Tehsil office and District Collector’s office.
Government employees who already have large savings in their bank accounts are provided with pensions but those who really need it have come into the light because of this scheme which is a big deal and a great step.
Leave a Comment