Nowadays Indian Railway also thinking about the paperless reservation charts in coaches especially in New Delhi, Mumbai central, Howrah, Chennai and Sealdah stations. Under the green India project, this is initiative already taken for reserved coaches. This is the pilot project of six months to reduce the expenses on paper. Southern Railway already doing this kind of practice in Bangalore division and they are saving 28-ton paper every year and also 1.70 lakh of saving every year through this paperless initiative. Indian railway was going to discontinue the reservation charts that pasted on the coaches of all trains includes B, A and A1 category with effect from 1st March 2018.
- To provide a paperless chart in the reserved coaches.
- To boost e-ticketing concept in Railway for reserved and unreserved tickets.
- To Digitalized the whole system
- Six-month pilot programme going to start to observe the reductions in the paper cost and after effects of this programme.
- To provide Digital and green India to the Railway passengers.
Significance and importance
- The Digital display will also attract passengers and also avoid over righting and tearing.
- It will also save the environment by no use of papers of reservation charts in the coaches.
- It will also attract more income and reduction of paper cost too.
- Digital projection will also help to manage the reserved seats more efficiently.
- After the successful completion, it will implement in the whole India.
- It will also encourage more jobs in railway.
By virtue of this more passengers and people of India will get more jobs, paperless reserved coaches, digitalization of all coaches and platform with plasma screen.
Leave a Comment