The Punjab Government Employees and Pensioners Health Insurance Scheme is started by Punjab government (Ministry of Health and Family Welfare) for government serving employee and pensioners on a compulsory basis. The main objective of this scheme is to provide cashless health insurance to cover indoor medical diseases. Providing the best medical facilities to its employees is what the government has always had its eye on and now it has been made possible. The insurance scheme will pay all expenses incurred in course of medical treatment with free medical. Under this scheme, the government employees of Punjab such as all personnel employees of the government of Punjab including all Indian service officers, newly recruited, retired officers, currently serving and retiring officers of the state. The online website contains everything you will need all in one place.
[media-credit name=”Via” align=”aligncenter” width=”640″][/media-credit]
Table of Contents
- Benefits of Punjab Government Employees and Pensioners Health Insurance Scheme
- Required eligibility and conditions for applying Punjab Government Employees and Pensioners Health Insurance Scheme
- What would you see on the website?
- Application Procedure and document required for applying Punjab Government Employees and Pensioners Health Insurance Scheme
- Whom to contact and where to contact?
- References & details
Benefits of Punjab Government Employees and Pensioners Health Insurance Scheme
- The Punjab Government Employees and Pensioners Health Insurance Scheme would provide an immense amount of benefits in the form of a cashless insurance and free medical treatment scheme. Some of these benefits are mentioned below:
- The insurance scheme will pay all expenses incurred in course of medical treatment with free medical for arising out of any illness, diseases, injury
- Coverage of pre-existing diseases: All diseases under this scheme will be covered from one day
- The scheme can be accessed through their app on the Android store in a few easy steps if you are familiar with using a digitally powered system
- Pre and Post hospitalisation: Benefits up to 7-day pre-hospitalisation and up to 30 days post hospitalisation respectively which would cover all related to treatment
- Maternity benefit This means treatment taken in Empanelled Hospital/Nursing Home arising from childbirth including Normal Delivery/Caesarean Section including miscarriage or abortion induced by accident or another medical emergency
- This benefit would be limited to only first two living children in respect of Dependent Spouse/Female Employee covered from day one under the policy, without any waiting period
Required eligibility and conditions for applying Punjab Government Employees and Pensioners Health Insurance Scheme
- Candidate must reside in the state of Punjab from birth and have all eligible documents to prove their citizenship within the state of Punjab
- Of which under the following scheme, all government employees of Punjab as all personnel of Punjab government including Indian service officers, newly recruited, retired officers, currently serving and retiring officers of the state.
- This particular scheme will offer cover to families and dependents as they are defined under the Punjab Medical Attendant Rules [CS (MA) Rules, 1940]. Newborns shall be considered insured from day one till the expiry of the current policy
What would you see on the website?
There are a various amount of options consisting of detailed information on all options and health and scheme related issues and solutions.
- Policy Information
- Provider Management
- Download Forms
- Contact Us
- Online Authorization
- Instant Ecard
- Health Tips
- Hospital Search
- Enroll Corrections
- Hospital Speciality Search option
- Chronic Diseases Registration
Application Procedure and document required for applying Punjab Government Employees and Pensioners Health Insurance Scheme
- Certificate of Domicile
- Aadhar proof
- Identity proof for eg. voter ID
- Proof of residency
- Documents that state a particular person is government employee or pensioner
- Income certificate or form no 16
Procedure of Application
- Candidate can visit official website mentioned and can search for a Hospital Search tab and other tabs also an applicant can get detailed help
- Application form: Candidate can download from the mentioned link
- Playstore Link to download app
Whom to contact and where to contact?
- Candidate can get in direct contact with MDINDIA HEALTH CARE SERVICES PVT.LTD.
- Candidate can do Email:[email protected]
- Toll-free number: 104
- Cashless toll-free number:1800-233-5557
References & details
- For more details with regards to documents and other help please the visit official website.
After the launch of the application, this scheme has made the market of Punjab with satisfactory smiles on thousands of employees as well as keeping the government’s future benefits from the common man in the long run. The scheme would enable a persisting flow of voters if all goes well and the implementation of the scheme would depend on how well the government is able to follow the progress and the number of people applying for the scheme.