Pulse Polio Programme – Pulse Polio Programme was launched by the Former President of India Mr. Pranab Mukherjee in Rashtrapati Bhavan under which about 17 crore children of less than five years age will be immunized. With the worldwide activity of destruction of polio in 1988 after World Health Assembly determination in 1988, Pulse Polio Immunization program was propelled in India in 1995. Youngsters in the age gathering of 0-5 years regulated polio drop amid National and Sub-national vaccination rounds (in high hazard territories) consistently. Around 172 million kids are vaccinated amid every National Immunization Day (NID). The last polio case in the nation was accounted for from Howrah locale of West Bengal with the date of beginning thirteenth January 2011. From that point, no polio case has been accounted for in the nation (25th May 2012). WHO on 24th February 2012 expelled India from the rundown of nations with dynamic endemic wild polio infection transmission.
- Keeping up group insusceptibility through great National and Sub National polio adjusts every year.
- Polio reconnaissance the nation over for any importation or flow of poliovirus and Vaccine-Derived Polio Virus (VDPV) is being kept up. Polio observation in the nation is thought to be of universal standard as showed by AFP rate (which is 10.78 and 10.61 individually for 2015 and 2016 against the worldwide least prescribed of 2) and % satisfactory stool rate (which is 86 and 87 separately for 2015 and 2016 against the worldwide least suggested of 80%) as on 28th January, 2017.
- Natural observation (sewage inspecting) has been set up to distinguish poliovirus transmission and as a surrogate pointer of the advance also for any automatic intercessions deliberately at 35 destinations in Mumbai, Delhi, Patna, Kolkata, Punjab, Hyderabad, Lucknow and Gujarat as on 28th January
- To diminish the danger of importation from neighboring nations, global fringe inoculation is being given through nonstop immunization groups (CVT) to every single qualified tyke round the clock. These are given through uncommon stalls set up at the worldwide borders (both Rail and Road courses) that India imparts to Pakistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, and About 1 crore youngsters have been immunized till December 2016 at these outskirt locales.
- Legislature of India has issued rules compelling since March 2014, for compulsory necessity of polio inoculation to every single global explorer for movement amongst India and other polio influenced nations specifically Pakistan, Afghanistan, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, Syria, and Cameroon (according to the polio cases detailed from these nations in the year 2014). Nearly 1.74 lakh measurements have been given till December 2016 to such voyagers.
- All States and Union Territories in the nation have built up a Rapid Response Team (RRT) to react to any polio flare-up in the nation. Crisis Preparedness and Response Plans (EPRP) has likewise been created by all States showing ventures to be attempted if there should arise an occurrence of the discovery of a polio case.
- A moving crisis supply of OPV is being kept up to react to identification/importation of wild poliovirus (WPV) or development of immunization determined poliovirus (VDPV).
- As a major aspect of Polio Endgame Strategy, India has changed from trivalent Oral Polio Vaccine (tOPV) to Bivalent Oral Polio Vaccine (bOPV) on 25th April 2016 both in polio battles and routine vaccination. The nation has been approved free of tOPV after the switch. As a hazard moderation measure, the nation has presented Inactivated Polio Vaccine the nation over in all states.
You May Also Like To Read National Urban Health Mission
The objective of the Pulse Polio Programme
- South-East Asia Region of WHO has been ensured polio-free. The Regional Certification Commission (RCC) on 27th March 2014 issued testament which expresses that “The Commission closes, from the confirmation gave by the National Certificate Committees of the 11 Member States, that the transmission of indigenous wild poliovirus has been hindered in all nations of the Region.”
- India has accomplished the objective of polio destruction as no polio case has been accounted for over 3 years after keep going case wrote about thirteenth January
- WHO on 24th February 2012 expelled India from the rundown of nations with dynamic endemic wild polio infection transmission.
- There are 24 lakh vaccinators and 1.5 lakh managers engaged with the fruitful usage of the Pulse Polio Program
- Since 1995, India has been actualizing the Pulse Polio Immunization Program. On 27 March 2014, India and 7 other Asian nations were announced polio.
Must Read, Swavlamban Health Insurance Scheme – PDF, Registration / Application Form
Benefits of Pulse Polio Programme
- Keeping up group resistance through excellent National and Sub National polio adjusts every year.
- A to a great degree abnormal state of cautiousness through observation the nation over for any importation or flow of poliovirus and VDPV is being kept up. Natural observation (sewage testing) has been set up to recognize poliovirus transmission and as a surrogate pointer of the advance too for any automatic mediations deliberately in Mumbai, Delhi, Patna, Kolkata Punjab and Gujarat.
- All States and Union Territories in the nation have built up a Rapid Response Team (RRT) to react to any polio flare-up in the nation. An Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan (EPRP) have likewise been produced by all States showing ventures to be embraced if there should arise an occurrence of identification of a polio case.
- To lessen the danger of importation from neighboring nations, worldwide fringe inoculation is being given through persistent immunization groups (CVT) to every single qualified kid round the clock. These are given through uncommon stalls set up at the worldwide outskirts that India imparts to Pakistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan Nepal, and
- Administration of India has issued rules for the compulsory necessity of polio immunization to every worldwide explorer before their takeoff from India to polio influenced nations to be specific: Afghanistan, Nigeria, Pakistan, Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, Syria, and The compulsory prerequisite is successful for voyagers from first March 2014.
- A moving crisis supply of OPV is being kept up to react to discovery/importation of wild poliovirus (WPV) or the rise of coursing antibody inferred poliovirus (cVDPV).
- National Technical Advisory Group on Immunization (NTAGI) has prescribed Injectable Polio Vaccine (IPV) presentation as an extra measurement alongside the third dosage of DPT in the whole nation in the last quarter of 2015 as a piece of polio endgame procedure.
City-wise Pulse Polio Drop Dates 2018
The detail of the Pulse polio dates in the year 2018 is given below. Check the dates
|City Name||Pulse Polio Dates|
|Bangalore||28 Jan, 11th Mar & 5th Aug ’18|
|Delhi||28 Jan, 11th Mar & 5th Aug ’18|
|Pune||28 Jan, 11th Mar & 5th Aug ’18|
|Gurgaon||28 Jan, 11th Mar & 5th Aug ’18|
|Chandigarh||28 Jan, 11th Mar & 5th Aug ’18|
|Ahmadabad||28 Jan, 11th Mar & 5th Aug ’18|
|Mumbai||28 Jan, 11th Mar & 5th Aug ’18|
|Chennai||28 Jan, 11th Mar & 5th Aug ’18|
Pulse Polio Programme PDF
Pulse Polio Pdf you can download this pdf from our site sarkariniti.com. after downloading this pdf you can also convert this pdf into PPT (powerpoint presentation)
Who Are Benefited With Pulse Polio Programme
every newborn baby and children under 5 age can get a benefit of pulse polio programme. to get benefit simply visit nearest Dispensary or Hospital in your locality.
India focused on the determination goes by the World Health Assembly for worldwide polio annihilation in 1988. Nation presented polio antibody under Expanded Program on Immunization (EPI, 1978), and along these lines in Universal Immunization Program (UIP, 1985), however, begun doing extraordinary polio crusades from 1995. At presenting routine vaccination, bivalent oral polio vaccine (bOPV) drops are being given to all youngsters under five years old and Inactivated Polio Vaccine (IPV) to kids short of what one year of age. National Immunization Days (NIDs) usually known as Pulse Polio Immunization program was propelled in India in 1995 and is directed twice in an early piece of each year.
Leave a Comment