The government of Kerala has announced new welfare and ambitious mission in the state as Kerala Life. Her Life Stands for “Livelihood, Inclusion, Financial Empowerment,” an ambitious mission of the state government of Kerala has been announced.
Details of Scheme
|Name of the scheme||Life Mission Housing Scheme|
|Launched by||Pinarayi Vijayan|
|Falls under||Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana|
|Announced on||October 2018|
|Monitored by||Kerala Housing Development Department|
|Beneficiaries||Homeless people of the state|
Objectives of the scheme
- Project Life – Livelihood, inclusion, financial empowerment (LIFE) is the state level housing development scheme. It will be started by the state government soon.
- Under this scheme, homeless people in Kerala will get their own homes. Also, the authority will provide enough assistance to the occupants to join together with conventional society with the help of a social security scheme.
- The project life will provide homes to 2 Lakh families of the state that don’t own homes within the next 5 years of time. At the first place, the project will be starting on a pilot basis for one year.
- The funding of the project will be completely done by the state government and no intervention from the central government will be there, as per the sources.
- Homeless people who can’t afford their houses will be eligible to apply under this scheme. However no such rules or regulation are out yet for registration under this project life.
- There will be a large complex where several flats and homes will be provided to the homeless people. Not all the areas but there will be selected areas where the project will be started.
- Also, the government will look into the matter about the scarcity of the land across the state. The idea of providing a complex area is adopted by the government because it takes less land, nearly 1140 acre, whereas providing individual houses will take nearly 6000 acres of land.
Implementation of the scheme
Under the first phase
- Kerala government would provide homes to 600 families in the first year on a pilot basis.
- The government would build housing complexes with all residential facilities such as skill training centers, common study rooms for students, meeting hall, crèche, gymnasiums, and palliative care units to take care of the elderly.
- Kerala government would also ensure facilities such as power supply & backup, water supply, sanitation facilities, cooking fuel, and other amenities are being taken care of in the complexes.
Under the second phase
- Each complex build under the Project LIFE housing scheme would offer flats to about 100 families.
- Under the housing scheme, priority would be given to families run by women, single women, households which have ill or old people, girl students below 15 years of age, and victims of riots, natural calamities, and domestic violence.
Priority Selected for the scheme
- Single mothers
- single women
- households which have ill or old people
- families with girl students below 15 years of age
- Homeless citizens who are not able to afford their own land or homes in the state of Kerala
- Victims of riots, natural calamities, and domestic violence.
Eligibility Condition For Scheme
The eligibility condition which is set by the government is in the points below. You should have a look at the points below.
- The candidate applying should be the resident of the Kerala state.
- People belonging to the backward class can attain the benefit of the scheme.
- Fisherman can attain the benefit of the scheme. In case they lost their house.
- Only the people of the weaker section can attain the benefit of the scheme.
Documents for LIFE Scheme
The following list of the documents which has to be given by the candidate. To attain the benefit of the LIFE Scheme. Check the name of the documents as follows:
- Aadhaar card or PAN Card of the candidate
- Caste Certificate of the candidate.
- Resident proof of the candidate.
- Income certificate or proof of the applicant.
Apply online for LIFE
The interested candidate of the state can attain the benefit of the scheme. Check the procedure for the application online for the Scheme.
- Click on the link above
- Get the details of the scheme.
- To enroll for the scheme. You have to register at the portal.
- Then the candidate can log in to the portal.
- Fill in the application form with the essential details for the enrollment of the scheme in the form
- As after the successful entering of the details submits the application form.
- Then your application will be verified.
- If found eligible you can attain the benefit of the house under the scheme.
call on 0471 2518274
Mail at [email protected]
Official site- https://lifemission.kerala.gov.in/
After the completion of the 100 days of the CM government in the state of Kerala, the government launched the scheme in order to benefit the citizens who are really in need of the housing scheme. The common man’s benefit today is a politician’s benefit tomorrow.
Leave a Comment