To encourage education among the children and their parents, the Government of Uttarakhand (Social Welfare Department) is providing Pre Metric Scholarship for Other Backward Class (OBC) students. Even after several years of independence and in spite of various measures taken to improve the level of education in the country, literacy levels among backwards classes continues to be extremely low. To improve the education ration amongst Other Backward Class (OBC) students, the government provides a scholarship at fixed amount of rate to the OBC students who are studying between the classes of 3rd to 10th in the state. For getting benefits of the scheme, applicant family income should be below Rs. 1000/-. This scheme helps for those who belong to economically weaker sections of OBC communities and it also provides better opportunities for increasing their rate of attainment in higher education, enhances their employability & empowerment through education. Scholarships have unique benefits and are the most desirable form of financial aid. The growth and future of our country highly dependent upon the quality of the present school education system. It’s really important to provide quality education for the student.
Objectives of the scheme
- The government aims to develop the nation with the skills and ideas of those who are willing to study ahead but are not able to afford the growing expenses of studying.
- To give every child a chance to study and build a brighter future for themselves.
Benefits of Pre-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students in Uttarakhand
- Government provides scholarship for Other Backward Class (OBC) student who is studying between the class 3rd to 10th in government recognised school
- Class 3rd to 5th students: the scholarship of Rs. 50 Per Month
- Class 6th to 8th Students: Scholarship of Rs. 80 Per Month
- Class 9 to 10th Students: Scholarship of Rs. 100 Per Month
Eligibility for Pre-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students in Uttarakhand
- Applicant should be resident of Uttarakhand state
- Student should belong to Other Backward Class (OBC)
- Student should be studying in any government recognised institution
- Family income of student should be less than Rs 1000/- per month
Documents required for Pre-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students in Uttarakhand
- Aadhaar card
- Family income proof
- Caste certificate
- Student examination mark sheet
- Passport size photos
- Bank account details
How to apply for Pre-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students in Uttarakhand?
- Applicant should contact concerned school headmaster/principal in Uttarakhand
- Applicant also visit social welfare department in Uttarakhand
References & Details
- For more details about Pre Matric Scholarship for OBC Students in Uttarakhand visit: http://socialwelfare.uk.gov.in/pages/display/84-scholarship-programme-
Leave a Comment