Table of Contents
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
- Launch of Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
- Features of Suraksha Bima Yojana
- Eligibility for PMSBY
- Documents Required for PMSBY
- Benefits of Suraksha Bima Yojana
- Apply Online for Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha bima yojana form/ Pdf
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha bima yojana Logo
- Implementation of Suraksha Bima Yojana
- Claim for Suraksha Bima
- Documents for Claiming Suraksha Bima Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
To make the people afford medical services. The government of India launches new schemes. These schemes are launched for the welfare of the people of the Country. The Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana is a scheme which has the aim to help the people by providing them the financial assistance during the bad face of life. In the condition of the death of the earning member to if he or she met with the accident. So that the livelihood of the family continues. The scheme is named as Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana.
The major population of the country is unaware of the scheme Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana. By the article, the information regarding the scheme will be described to you so that you can understand it well. And in case your require you can apply for it. Check the details of the application online and eligibility as follows:
Launch of Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana inaugurated by the Prime Minister of India. The scheme was announced in Kolkata by the Prime Minister on 9th of May 2015. For the help of the people of the poor families so that they can get the insurance policy.
Scheme achieved appreciation in the cabinet as the scheme will cover all the states and UT of India. Accidental Death and Disability insurance scheme is the condition for which the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana will work.
Read Also :- Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana Sagy
Features of Suraksha Bima Yojana
The features of the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana are listed as follows. As if you are interested to apply then you should check the key points in the form of features.
- The applicant will get financial help under the scheme.
- The insurance of Rs. 2,00,000 in case of the accidental death or permanent disability of the applicant.
- In case of the Partial but permanent disability, the applicant will get an amount of Rs. 1,00,000/-
- No need to renew the scheme.
- The scheme is auto-debited on 1st of June every year.
- So the premium for the scheme will be deducted by the bank itself from the bank account.
- Direct benefit transfer to the applicant in case of Insurance claimed.
- It will benefit the companies who will tie up with the scheme.
- The bank will verify the information furnished by the company for the linking up of companies with the schemes.
Eligibility for PMSBY
If you want to apply for the scheme. The first check the eligibility for the scheme. To apply for the scheme.
- The age of the applicant should be between 18 to 70 years.
- To apply the Insurance Scheme the candidate should have a bank account linked to the Aadhaar Card.
- The applicant has to give the details of the nominee during the application for the PMSBY.
Documents Required for PMSBY
To apply the scheme to avail the benefit of the scheme. The applicant has to give the documents. Then only the candidate can apply for the Suraksha Bima Yojana.
- Application Form of the PMSBY scheme.
- Bank Pass Book and the Bank account details.
- Identity proof of the candidate, Aadhaar card.
Benefits of Suraksha Bima Yojana
The benefits which the candidate can get if he or she applies for the Suraksha Bima Yojana are as follows. Check them in the following points:
- The low premium for the Suraksha Bima Yojana.
- The poor people can afford to get the benefit of the Insurance Scheme.
- A direct benefit of the financial help to the account of the Nominee in case of accidental death.
- Scheme once started will get renewed itself.
- You will get the renewal message on your registered mobile number.
- Finance companies will also get benefit which will tie up for the scheme.
Tax Benefit for PMSBY
Major Benefit is the Tax Benefit. Under section 80C.
- No tax applicable for the amount received as the insurance.
- Under the Income Tax rule section 10D, it is exempted from the tax.
- But in case the amount exceeds 1 lakh then the TDS at the rate of 2%.
- And in such condition, the candidate can give the form 15H or 15G to avoid the tax payment for the insurance.
Read Also :- Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana
Apply Online for Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
The online portal is available for the Suraksha Bima scheme. You can get the application form from the official site. You can visit the official site. Or click on the link as follows.
[media-credit id=13 align=”alignnone” width=”300″][/media-credit]
- Click On the link above.
- Then click on Forms option.
- You can get the application form for Suraksha Bima Yojana.
- The application form for Claim is also available on the page” Claim Form.
- Then select the language type.
- You can then download the application form.
- Fill in the details in the application form.
- Attach the documents.
- Submit it to the Bank where you have a saving account. To initiate the scheme.
Pradhan Mantri Suraksha bima yojana form/ Pdf
You can also download the application form. The form is available in the form of pdf. Check it as follows to apply for the Insurance Scheme.
Pradhan Mantri Suraksha bima yojana Logo
You can also download or save the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana. Check it as follows:
Implementation of Suraksha Bima Yojana
The scheme is implemented by the Government of India. But it would function with the help of the Insurance companies. As mentioned above in the article. The companies can tie with the scheme after the verification.
Premium for Scheme
The candidate has to pay the least amount of Premium. It is just Rs. 12/- Each year. So the poor families can easily afford the insurance scheme. Premium is auto-debited by the banks each year. And that amount is paid to the Insurance Company by the bank.
Period for Policy
The period for the Policy initiated this year will be up to the May Next Year. One year policy renews after a year itself.
The payment type for the scheme is easy. Once you initiate the scheme the premium amount each year will get deducted from your bank account. The applicant has not to do anything for it. The amount will get deducted between May 25 and May 31.
To know about the risk coverage you have to check the table below. It contains information regarding the Risk coverage for PMSBY.
|S.No||Death and Disability||Sum Insured|
|1||Death (Death due to murder is covered)||Rs.2 Lakh|
|2||Total and irrecoverable loss of eyes||Rs.2 Lakh|
|3||Loss of use of both hands or feet||Rs.2 Lakh|
|4||Loss use of one hand or foot and loss of one eye||Rs.2 Lakh|
|5||Total loss of sight of one eye||Rs.1 Lakh|
|6||Loss of use of one foot or hand||Rs.1 Lakh|
Termination of Scheme
The scheme will get terminated if the age of the candidate crosses 70 years. In case there is no balance available in the saving account the scheme will be terminated. If the applicant has applied for more than 1 policy then the oldest Policy would be terminated.
Claim for Suraksha Bima
The candidate can claim for the Suraksha Bima Yojana Insurance. The candidate can get the Insurance if the applicant claim for it. The candidate has to give the application form and submit the documents. Application for the Claim is available on Online Portal. Thereafter the candidate will get the Insurance certificate from the Bank. Visit the Bank along the documents and application. Then the application will be verified by the insurance company. After the period of verification, the candidate will get the benefit of Insurance.
Documents for Claiming Suraksha Bima Yojana
The candidate has to give the following documents then you can claim for the Suraksha Bima Yojana. The insurance for the scheme can be achieved if the applicant gives the documents.
- Original FIR
- Post Mortem Report
- Death Certificate of the deceased
- Original FIR/ Panchnama
- Disability Certificate issued by a Civil Surgeon from the hospital.
- Discharge certificate issued in the name of the person.