The Pro-farmer measure of the NDA Government, the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana has been formulated amalgamating ongoing scheme viz.
The Economy of the Indian Country depends on the Agricultural Sector. As the price of the food grains reaches the Sky as the normal monsoon season.
As per the Current records, there is 142 million hectare of land in India and only 45% of the land has access to artificial irrigation. As the scheme will lead to various irrigation projects in India. The projects will be implemented according to the guidelines of the government. 1300 Watershed Projects will also be completed under the Project.
The ongoing schemes:
- Accelerated Irrigation Benefit Program (AIBP) of Ministry of Water Resources
- River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation
- Integrated Watershed Management Program (IWMP) of the Department of Land Resources
- On-Farm Water Management (OFWM) component of the National Mission on Sustainable Agriculture (NMSA) of the Department of Agriculture and Cooperation
Read Also CSD CARD (Canteen Stores Department)
Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana Approach
The PMKSY is to be implemented in areas of development approach, adopting decentralizing state-level planning and projected execution, allowing the state to draw their irrigation development plans based on district/ blocks plans with a horizon of 5 to 7 years.
The scheme will also be implemented by the state government as per the Government guidelines. The amount of 200 crores will be given for the Implementation of the scheme under the Agri-Tech Infrastructure Fund (ATIF) to promote the National Agricultural Market to increase the Sale of the products.
The PMKSY scheme INR 50,000 crore for the time period of 5 years as 2015 to 2016 and 2019-2020 to achieve the Investment convergences for the Irrigation at the field level.
To implement the scheme each state has to draw its own district level plan. So that the scheme should be implemented successfully. As the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai yojana is decentralized by the government.
The scheme is to be implemented in such a way that the long term benefit can be obtained. Various ministries are involved in the monitoring of the scheme.The prime minister is the head of the committee.
National Executive Committee is appointed by the government under the Vice-Chairman of the NITI Aayog. to check the progress of the scheme.
PMKSY and Pro-farmer Schemes
PMKSY is the krishi Sinchai Yojana which is part of the initiative of Pro- farmer. It is the measure step by the NDA government. Under the leadership of Narendra Modi the cabinet has agreed for the various amendments for the Land Acquisitions Act of 2013. It will help the farmers. As the lands will be acquired by the government of India. To implement the projects.
Beside this the NDA government also initiated the security schemes for the help of the poor people of the country. The major emphasis on the rural areas.
The objectives of the PMKSY are indicated in the following points. If you want to gain the benefit of the scheme. Check the objective of the PMKSY as follows:
- To enhance the access to the water for the farms and to expands the area of cultivation as by assuring irrigation to the fields.
- To improve the water use and reduce the wastage of the water so that the water can be used judiciously.
- For the integration of the Sources of water by using the appropriate technologies and practices and make the use more efficient.
- To adopt the precision irrigation and the technologies which save the water.
- To recharge the water under the aquifers for the water conservation practices such as sustainable use of water.
- To make sure the integrated development of water conservation by using the groundwater regeneration, runoff arresting, and other activities of daily livelihood.
- To grab the interest Private investment in the sector of Irrigation.
- To explore the feasibility of the water which is to be reused for the treatment water to use it for agriculture.
The PMKSY has followed program components:
Accelerated Irrigation Benefit Program (AIBP)
- To focus on faster completion of ongoing Major and Medium Irrigation including National Projects
PMKSY ( Har Khet Ko Pani)
- The creation of the new water sources through Minor irrigation (both surface and groundwater)
- Repair, restore and renovate of water bodies
- Command area development, strengthening, and creation of a distribution network from the source to the farm
- Groundwater development in the areas where it is abundant, so that sink is created to runoff/ flood water during peak rainy season.
- For the Management and distribution of water by the water management techniques. It is to cover 10% of the area for the micro-precision irrigation.
- To create and rejuvenating traditional storage sources of water such as Dongs (Assam), Katas, Zabo (Nagaland), Jal Mandir (Gujarat), Kuhl (H.P), Bandhas (Odisha and M.P).
Read Also :- Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana Guidelines
PMKSY ( Per Drop More Crop)
- Program management, preparations of State/District Irrigation Plan, approval of annual action plan monitoring
- Promoting efficient water conveyance and precision water application devices like drips, sprinklers, pivots, rain-guns in the farm
- Water lifting devices like diesel/ electric/ solar pump set including water carriage pipes, undergoing piping systems.
- The Project under the PMKSY will focus on the Capacity building and generating awareness among the people by a campaign which would include low-cost publications, use of Pico projectors and for encouraging the use of water source by using the technological, agronomical and management practices.
Watershed development Under PMSKY
It will be focused that the management of runoff would be done effectively and the activities of moisture conservation by the ridge area treatment, rainwater harvesting, in situ moisture conservation of water resources. The renovation of the traditional water bodies by creating the water sources in identified backward rain-fed blocks.
Must Read DISABILITY IDENTITY CARD
Leave a Comment