Table of Contents
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- Objectives of PMAY Scheme
- Features of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- Phases of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- Interest Rate and Loan for PMAY Scheme
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana EMI Calculator
- Eligibility for Awas Yojana
- PM Awas Yojana Online Portal/ List
- Online Application for PM Awas Yojana
- Helpline Number for PMAY Scheme
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
The PMAY Stands for the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana aims for the affordable houses to the people. The scheme is introduced by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 1 June 2015. This initiative is for people of the low class. For the people who reside in urban areas. The mission will make sure that the house will be given to the people by the end of the year 2022.
The house will be constructed for the people in the cities. The construction method will be eco-friendly to help the poor people of the urban areas. Special subsidies will also be given to the people so that they can purchase the houses.
Objectives of PMAY Scheme
On the basis of the recent estimates, the number of population of the urban areas increasing rapidly. It is expected to increase more in the coming years. As per the information, it would become 814 million by the year 2050. The data obtained is on the basis of the calculation twice the number of people resides now. But the major challenge is the housing and sanitation for the growing population.
So the Ministry started the PM Awas Yojana. It will make housing affordable for all by the year 2022.
- To make the accessible the facility and economical for the women.
- The scheme will target the women who belong to the minorities such as Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
- To provide sustainable and affordable housing to the ignored demographics such as widows, lower income group members, transgenders.
- PMAY will give special attention to the people who are differently abled and senior citizens.
- To attain the benefit of the scheme the interested eligible candidate has to register for the scheme.
Read Also :- Goa Ladli Laxmi Yojna
Features of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
The features or the points which describe the importance of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana. You can check the points below to know about it.
- Under PMAY Scheme, the eligible candidate will get the subsidy interest rate is provided at 6.50% p.a for the a housing.
- The housing loan is for the time duration of 20 years
- As already indicated above preference to the Differently abled and senior citizens to provide them ground floors to live.
- During construction, Sustainable and eco-friendly technologies will be used.
- The scheme will cover the urban areas which contain 4041 statutory towns and priority to 500 Class I cities.
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana will be implemented in three phases.
- The benefit of the subsidy will be applicable from the initial stages across India.
Phases of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
As you read above, the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana will be implemented in three phases. Check the details about the implementation in the tables as follows:
|Cities covered||Remaining cities|
Interest Rate and Loan for PMAY Scheme
If you are interested to apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana. Then check the Interest applicable for the Home Loan. It is around 9% at present if you apply for the Home Loan. But the eligible candidate will get the 4% interest subsidy on a loan. It is for the amount of Rs.9 Lakhs. Therefore the candidate has to pay the Effective Interest Rate, E.I.R 5%. It will help the poor people.
Check the table below to know the eligibility, Income range, Carpet area and the Interest rate applicable.
|Eligibility||Income Range||Carpet Area||Interest Rate|
|Economically weaker sections||Max of Rs.6 lakh||30 sqm||6.50%|
|Lower Income groups||Max of Rs.6 lakh||60 sqm||6.50%|
|Middle Income Group 1||Below Rs.12 lakh||110 sqm||4.00%|
|Middle Income Group 2||Between Rs.12 lakh and Rs.18 lakh||150 sqm||3.00%|
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana EMI Calculator
The interested borrower can check thePMAY EMI applicable. If they apply for the Home loan under the scheme. As the interest rate is comparatively less as the commercial rates.
You can calculate the EMI. Visit the official site of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
Then fill in the details as below in the points:
- The total amount of Loan in rupees
- Interest Rate
- Period of Loan in months
Submit the details. Then click on the ‘Calculate’ option. You will get the monthly installment or EMI payable in rupees.
Eligibility for Awas Yojana
Now check who can be eligible to get the Awas Yojana to apply for Home Loan?
The government will identify the candidate on the basis of the Socio-Economic and Caste Census of 2011 (SECC 2011). Then the Prepare the list for the PMAY beneficiaries. The village panchayats along with tehsils can also suggest for the beneficiaries to make the list for the housing scheme for the rural areas. To make the system transparent and aims to benefit the eligible and needy under PMAY.
- The annual income of the family should be Rs.6 lakh to Rs.18 lakh.
- To apply for the scheme candidate should be resident of India.
- PMAY is applicable for the house on the women.
- The candidate can get the new house under the scheme.
- The applicant who already has a house cannot apply.
- Only the candidate who doesn’t have a pucca house is eligible for the scheme.
- The applicant will be able to buy or construct the house as per need.
- Contender of the economically weaker sections having the low income is only eligible for PMAY.
- The applicant who belongs to the Scheduled tribes and castes are eligible.
- The ground floor housing for the people who are differently abled or Senior citizens under special attention.
PM Awas Yojana Online Portal/ List
The government has designed the online Portal. It will help the people to attain the benefit at a single click. The complete information of the scheme can be achieved from the official site. The eligible candidate can visit the online portal to get the list. Before you apply for the PMAY. Check your name in the beneficiaries list. They can search their name in the beneficiaries list. So you can visit the official site. Or make use of link as follows:
Online Application for PM Awas Yojana
The online application is very easy and simple. With the online accessibility, it will save the time of the contender. You should have the savings bank account details and your household income detail to apply for the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
If you are eligible for the PMAY. Then you can make the online application for the Awas Yojana. Visit the official site to apply for the PM Awas Yojana.
- Click on “Menu” section, Then select the “Citizen Assessment” option.
- Enter your Aadhaar card number.
- You will get to the next page.
- Then enter the details your identity, income, residential and bank.
- Thereafter click on “I am aware of” option.
- Click the “Save” button.
- Get the print of the duly-filed application.
- You can submit the application form to the CSC office centers or the financial institution/banks with the required documents.
Helpline Number for PMAY Scheme
If you have any doubt regarding the PMAY Scheme. Then you can make use of the following helpline number to clear your doubts.
- 1800-11-6163 (Urban, HUDCO)
- 1800-11-3388 (Urban, NHB)
- 1800-11-3377 (Urban, NHB)
- 1800-11-6446 (Gramin)