National service scheme (NSS) – National service scheme Launch date the year of 1969 on Gandhiji’s birth Centenary By adding of 37 universities across India with a total involvement of more than 40000 students by the ministry of youth affairs and sports Government of India.
The main aim of the scheme is to develop the skills and raising the concern about the society through various types of community services. Under the scheme, each and every student should involve the major activities which are Run and should participate. Now there are around 32 lakh student volunteers spread across India under the scheme from 298 universities and 44 secondary councils and also director of vocational education all over the country.
This scheme helps the higher educating students to learn and understand the basic needs and the activities which should focus as an individual, responsible citizen. Based on the activity and nature of work students have to participate and fulfill their roles and responsibilities. The activities are purely non-commercial, able to provide free of service to the society respect to off location premises any other concerns.
Read Also :- Ration Card Online Registration
The major activity forms under national service scheme are,
- National Integration camp, The main aim of this camp is to the student forums and active NSS members and other students to involve in various social cause programs which will bring prominent results in terms of social development. This kind of camps will be conducted regularly by the local or National bodies of NSS.
- Blood donation camps, this is also one of the major social cause activity performed by NSS. This activity performs by local colleges, Institutions or university level students group by selecting a location and encouraging students and other volunteers to donate blood. In Association with locally established government or social welfare blood Banks. This is one of the high priority activity running successfully since from the day of its Inception.
- Plantation, by NSS officials and student leaders, encourage NSS volunteers to plant trees in the locality of the surroundings, any open area or else by choosing a specific location this activity will perform. This is also one of the continuous program schedules and performs by local or National bodies.
- Immunization, Under this activity forum the NSS members schedule activities like awareness program, health camps and also free medicine, nutrition foods or medicine distribution. This forum conducts small and big events on the occasion of health days to bring awareness to the importance of Healthy lifestyle, vaccination, basic medication and required food needs.
- Shramdaan activity is aimed to give service to the society through various methods like cleaning the surroundings, encouraging neighborhood people to clean the surroundings, in some cases the students will go to a specific location for the purpose of cleaning, plantation and making the environment for better usage.
- Disaster management, this is one of the most crucial activities performed by NSS in critical situations where the need for human support is more important and also required the basic help for the people. In any unexpected situation or natural calamity happens the RSS team from the local bodies and also from National groups will it reach the location and provide the services like The needs required on that particular location.
- Adventure programs, the students who are enrolled in NSS may get a chance to participate in any of the adventure programs conducted by the local or National body which involves trekking, cycling or any other activity which will encourage students to participate in various activities. This will improve the kind of daring of the students and how to tackle the situation beach will come unexpectedly.
The main aim of NSS is to encourage students in India to participate in any other social cause activities and bringing the awareness of the common situations and responsibilities which need the involvement of every citizen.
Students can have a chance to serve the society at the time of their studies itself.
Benefits Of The Scheme Or Yojana
The major benefits of NSS scheme are,
- Involving students the social causing activities
- Encouraging students to understand what are the roles and responsibilities as a citizen
- Improving the skills of the students to serve the society
- Educating students about what are the services they can give to the society
- Various types of social activities and causes involved
Eligibility And Conditions Applying For The Scheme
The eligibility criteria for undergoing the NSS is, the student should appear at least 12th standard from the college, university or any other educational institution. By providing the basic information like name, details, contact number and the educational details a student can enroll in NSS and can participate in all the activities of NSS activity forum conducts.In addition to this, a student can also avail and identification and priority in his further studies even in the job openings. The main reason behind this is to encourage the students to serve the society according to the feasibilities.
National Service Scheme (NSS) Logo
You May Also Want To Grab nrhm logo and pdf
National Service Scheme (NSS) Motto
The motto of NSS is ‘NOT Me But You’.
The national service scheme (NSS) purely non-commercial and provides services to the society. Encouraging students to perform various social cause activities in the locality our national voice based on the need for service. Its various social cause forum activities are designed and running purely for providing the possible services to the society with the help of students. This scheme also brings awareness to social activities and roles and responsibilities of a citizen to serve the society. By encouraging students to participate in all types of social cause activities, students will get engaged in the activities and be motivated. Local and central bodies of NSS monitors and schedules various activities for the students to perform their studies and in sometimes in the vacations also they need to participate. In the emergency situation like any disasters happened, volunteers rush to the location to serve the people and control the situation.
Leave a Comment