National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST students – The Ministry of Tribal Affairs was set up in 1999 after the bifurcation of Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment with the goal of giving more centered approach around the incorporated financial improvement of the Scheduled Tribes (STs), the most underprivileged of the Indian Society, in an organized and arranged way. Prior to the arrangement of the Ministry, ancestral issues were taken care of by various Ministries at various focuses in time. To this end, Ministry of Tribal Affairs has embraced exercises that take after from the subjects apportioned under the Government of India (Allocation of Business) Rules, 1961 and amendment(s) from that point. The subjects dispensed to the Ministry of Tribal Affairs. The projects and plans of the Ministry are expected to help and supplement, through monetary help, the endeavors basically of other Central Ministries, the State Governments and somewhat of deliberate associations, and to fill basic holes in foundations and projects considering the circumstance of STs. The essential duty regarding advancing the interests of Scheduled Tribes rests with all the Central Ministries. The Ministry supplements their endeavors by a method for different formative mediations in basic segments through uniquely customized plans. These, involving plans for financial, instructive and social advancement and through the foundation, the building is managed by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs and actualized mostly through the State Governments/Union Territory Administrations.
Under this blended plan, Fellowships are given to ST understudies to take up higher investigations in the wake of finishing Post Graduation, for example, M.Phil and Ph.D. courses, Cooperation is granted on the lines of UGC Fellowships for a look into understudies seeking after such courses on consistent and full-time premise. So also, Scholarships is given to ST Students to urge praiseworthy ST understudies to seek after courses at Graduate/Post Graduate level in distinguished Institutions of perfection, Government and Private, in proficient fields, for example, Management, Medicine, Engineering, Information Technology, Law and so forth. Partnership segment of the combined plan came into drive from the year 2014-15 and Scholarship segment from the year 2015-16. In any case, the researchers/understudies effectively secured under the plan before these years were permitted to keep on being in the current plan till they finish their cooperation’s/thinks about.
Objectives of National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST students
- The target of the plan is to energize the ST understudies, a segment of society with the least proficiency levels in the nation, to obtain advanced education as associations to seek after M. Phil and Ph. D. Courses, with a view to make qualified experts to hold posts of educators/experts and other higher phases of work
- ST Students is proposed to urge commendable ST understudies to seek after courses at Graduate/Post Graduate level in distinguished Institutions of perfection, Government and Private, in proficient fields, for example, Management, Medicine, Engineering, Information Technology, Law and so forth.
Benefits of National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST students
- Government disability and social protection to the Scheduled Tribes;
- Innate Welfare: – Planning, venture definition, examine, assessment, insights, and preparing;
- Advancement and improvement of deliberate endeavors on innate welfare;
- Improvement of Scheduled Tribes Scheduled Areas.
- Observing of Tribal Sub-Plan, in light of the system and instrument planned by NITI Ayog.
- Commission to write about the organization of Scheduled Areas and the welfare of the Scheduled Tribes; and
- The issue of headings with respect to the illustration up and execution of plans basic for the welfare of the Scheduled Tribes in any State.
Execution of the Protection of Civil Rights Act, 1955 and the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989, barring organization of criminal equity as to offenses in so far as they identify with Scheduled Tribes.
The Fellowship/Scholarship will be accessible just to the ST applicants who satisfy the accompanying conditions for the honor:
- The hopeful having a place with ST ought to have passed the Post-Graduation examination for being qualified for the Fellowship. The competitor ought to get affirmation and enlistment for normal and full-time Phil/ Ph.D. Courses in College/Academic Institutions perceived by UGC under Section UGC Act/ICAR by satisfying states of affirmation of that University/Institution.
- The rundown of University/Academic Institution as alluded to in sub-para above should be distinguished by service.
- The ST understudies once viewed as qualified for the Fellowship might not be entitled to some other grant of the Center or State Government a similar report.
- The partnership should be payable once the understudy has secured affirmation and begun the exploration work.
- with a specific end goal to fit the bill for Senior Research Fellowship a competitor should satisfy the UGC/ICAR standards recommended in such manner.
- ST understudies who have secured confirmation in the informed Institutions concurring to the standards recommended by the separate Institutions will be qualified for the grant under the plan.
- The understudy will be qualified to join just the rundown of Institution recognized by Ministry.
- The aggregate family pay of the possibility to be qualified for this grant from all sources ought not to surpass Rs.6.0 lakh per annum.
- The grant might be payable once the understudy has secured affirmation and begun going to the classes.
- The grant granted, will proceed till the finish of the course, subject to agreeable execution of the understudy.
National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST students PDF / Guidelines
The projects and plans of the Ministry are expected to help and supplement, through money related help, the endeavors basically of other Central Ministries, the State Governments and somewhat of willful associations, and to fill basic holes in organizations and projects considering the circumstance of STs. The essential obligation regarding advancing the interests of Scheduled Tribes rests with all the Central Ministries. The Ministry supplements their endeavors by a method for different formative mediations in basic divisions through uncommonly custom fitted plans. These, including plans for monetary, instructive and social improvement and through establishment building are directed by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs and executed fundamentally through the State Governments/Union Territory Administrations. The Ministry of Tribal Affairs is working under the general direction of the Union Minister of Tribal Affairs and helped by a Minister of State. The authoritative head of Ministry is Secretary who is helped by two Joint Secretaries, one Deputy Director General, and two Economic Advisors. Budgetary Advisor has been helping Ministry in the inward fund and spending matters. The central Controller of Accounts helps in spending plan/consumption control. The Ministry is sorted out into Divisions/Branches and Sections/units. The Ministry of Tribal Affairs has an endorsed quality of 139 representatives with a working quality of 110 authorities. There are 45 Group A posts, 59 Group B posts (Gazetted/non-Gazetted), 35 Group C posts, which incorporates 16 some time ago Group D posts which have now moved toward becoming Group C posts according to Sixth Central Pay Commission’s suggestions.
Leave a Comment