West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has taken initiative for unemployment in rural areas and has made the holistic development of self-help groups with the help of a scheme named Muktiddhara Yojana. The Muktidhara project has been started to bring sustainability in earning a livelihood and to improve poverty through self-help groups and self-employment. The objective of this scheme is to empower financially backwards people. Especially in raising the earnings of women and family so that their life is easy. Under this scheme, the government provides training to SHG, which is registered under the Muktidhara Yojana in West Bengal.
Self-help groups work as a volunteer in rural areas and make people make betel leaves, vegetables, apiary, plate making from year-old leaves, production of bloated rice, and poultry, Black Bengal goat, pigs and others. Nurturing and Parenting Dairy Animals This project encourages every family member of SHG to participate in many income generating activities and earn at least Rs. 3,000 per month. Of that.
Table of Contents
Benefits of the Muktidhara scheme in West Bengal
- The benefits of reducing the dependence of rural people for the sale of fuel wood, traditional methods of farming.
- After successful training, the benefit of the bank loan on self-interest groups (SHG) low interest.
- Most of the training was provided by agriculture so that they could adopt new agricultural techniques and increase the overall income.
- This project inspires each family of SHG to participate in many income generating activities and earn at least Rs. 3000 / – per month.
- Benefits of reducing unemployment in rural areas and helping in the overall development of self-help groups.
Key forms of support
- The bank loans would be available to the people who qualify, with low-interest rates and help in starting a business.
- Assistance and training on getting different kinds of tasks complete would be offered, with field training and particular agriculturally related tasks.
- Newer machines designed with farming needs in mind.
What types of jobs will be offered under the scheme?
- Jobs that are being supported include vegetable cultivation that supports setting up of farms and improving how they are tended.
- Most people may also receive training in posts related to goat tends and raising poultry.
- Other jobs would be kept for the younger members of the population. This would include education to help unemployed youth with finding self-employment roles.
Characteristics of the Muktidhara scheme in West Bengal
- West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has launched Muktidhar Yojana for the overall development of unemployment and self-help groups in the rural areas.
- The Muktidhara project was first started on March 7, 2013, in Purulia district and was implemented in collaboration with the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD).
- A large number of 139 Self Help Groups (SHGs) members from Balrampur and Purulia districts were trained in this scheme.
- Under this scheme, the government provides training to SHG (SHG) which is registered under the Muktidhara Yojana in West Bengal.
- Only after training, a number of SHGs have got credit linkage with banks in Balrampur and Purulia.
- Training methods such as farming methods, methods of use of fertilizers, and technical support are provided by Regional Performance, from time to time, by the district administration.
Implementation of the scheme
The scheme has become rather famous, whereas people have been able to have easy access towards taking loans at low costs to start up their own businesses in the agricultural sector where they were able to earn a sizeable amount of money. Most of the people under the scheme have been getting a regular profit each month.
By the scheme to other parts of the state of West Bengal, the number of users have increased and are all benefitting under the scheme.
Conclusion of the scheme
The scheme by the name of Muktidhara has become a welfare scheme that has helped in the improvement of the social lives of the people, allowing them to find jobs. This especially supports jobs for the agricultural related jobs.
Reference and Details
For more information about Muktidhara Yojana in West Bengal