The Mukhyamantri Shramik Ann Sahayta Yojana (MSASY) is considered as an important scheme launched in Chhattisgarh by the government. The scheme was launched as a benefit for the labourers working in the state.
The scheme is a free lunch project lead by CM Raman Singh under which food would be provided to the labourers during lunch hours to all registered citizen labourers belonging to the state of Chhattisgarh.
It was launched on the 12th of January 2017 in Gandhi Maidan of Raipur, Chhattisgarh. On the event of Swami Vivekananda.
Highpoints of the MSASY
- Daily waged workers working in unorganized sectors to get free lunch every day
- The free lunch will be nutritious meal
- The workers just need to register themselves and get free Tiffin’s every morning
- The scheme is available only in Raipur and soon will be spread across the state
Objective of the scheme
- To provide food to the labourers in the state
- The government will provide free food for labourers who work on a daily wage earning basis
- To improve the lifestyle of the people working in the poor sector of CG
- To improve the working conditions of the labourers
- To provide the labourers with quality food
Who will benefit from the scheme?
- Agricultural laborers
- Construction laborers
- Mining laborers
- Industry laborers
- Textile laborers
Implementation of the scheme
The MSASY scheme is being implemented under the Department of Labor, Chhattisgarh. All the registration formalities and distribution of lunch boxes to the labourers working within the state will be looked after by the same department. Every district and block will have separate offices for registration and distribution of the free lunch under the MSASY as this is the first time. To ensure that the workers who are the registered beneficiaries of the scheme will get timely nutritious food for their lunch at no cost, while they are working.
How to register for the scheme?
- The eligible beneficiary must visit the office of the Labor Dept. located in the block or panchayat office and collect the application form for MSASY.
- The application form is to be filled up along with details of work done by the labourer.
- All necessary documents to be attached with the application form and submit.
- A registration card will be issued which will make the labourer eligible for the free lunch scheme.
Preparation of the lunch
- The lunch will be cooked on the same day on which it will be served in the government kitchens and canteens.
- Proper hygiene will be maintained while preparation of the lunch.
- Maintaining the nutritional value of the lunch to be provided to the labourers will be the major priority of the scheme.
- The lunch will be packed within a time frame of 9-12am.
More details & references
Mukhyamantri Shramik Ann Sahayta Yojana
The Chief Minister would soon launch the scheme in throughout the state of Chhattisgarh. This being the first of its kind free lunch scheme in the entire country. This would benefit the population of Chhattisgarh who is working as labourers. The scheme would benefit the government by a buzz as well in the long run.
Leave a Comment