Road Traffic Injuries in India are responsible for over a third of the injury burden and resulted in the loss of 231 000 people killed in road traffic accidents every year.
To address this poor situation, The Government of Karnataka with the support of the World Bank, has taken a pioneering initiative to start the Mukhyamantri Santwana – ‘Harish’ yojna to help road accident victims. This scheme is to provide a Trauma care to Road Accident victims within the Golden hour. Implemented through Suvarna Arogya Suraksha Trust, an autonomous and registered body under the Health and Family Welfare Department, Karnataka. It is noticed or reported that persons who meet with any road traffic accidents suffer from complications of injuries or even die because they are unable to receive immediate care and hospitalization. The scheme was launched on 8 March 2016. The scheme has been named after Harish Nanjappa who had donated his eyes moments before his death. He had died as no help was provided to him after he was severely injured in an accident in February 2016.
Table of Contents
Benefits of Mukhyamantri Santwana Harish Yojana to Help Road Accident Victims
- The scheme will provide assistance to victims of road accidents across the state irrespective of their financial status or nationality.
- Immediate medical relief will be provided to the victim during the Golden Hour with financial aid up to 25000 during the first 48 hours of treatment
- The victim will receive medical care for first 48 hours and get treatment at any hospital. All hospitals will be directed not to reject accident victims
- A software covering hospital registration, patient registration, claims submission and packages will be installed for the proper implementation of the scheme
- Emergency toll-free helplines will also be set up to help accident victims
- Eligibility and Conditions of Mukhyamantri Santwana Harish Yojana to Help Road Accident.
All the road traffic accident victims, who meet with accidents on the roads of Karnataka, irrespective of BPL/APL status, state or nationality would be admittedly in hospitals providing service under Mukhyamantri Santwana Harish Yojana to Help Road Accident Victims which are a state follows:
- All government hospitals ( District, Taluka, CHC, PHC)
- All state medical colleges – public and private
- All private hospitals with emergency and polytrauma services contracted with SAST
- All the recognized hospital have been mapped on GPS platform, to help the EMRI in locating the nearest appropriate hospital for treatment
Services Provided under Mukhyamantri Santwana Harish Yojana to Help Road Accident Victims
- Stabilizing the patient as per the severity of injuries
- Suturing and dressing of wounds – simple and compound
- ICU based treatment
- Ward based treatment
- Treatment of fractures, head injuries, spinal injuries, burns
- Blood transfusion
- 25 packages as defined by the Expert Committee ranging from Rs 1000 to maximum of Rs 25000/-
Document Required for Mukhyamantri Santwana Harish Yojana to Help Road Accident Victims
No documents are required as this scheme is applicable on all the road accident that takes place in the State of Karnataka irrespective of financial status, State or nationality.
- Any Road accident victims can apply for the Mukhyamantri Santwana Harish Yojana to help Road Accident Victim
- After reaching the hospital, the hospital has a responsibility to register for this scheme.
For more information, Visit http://mss.kar.nic.in/
Email: [email protected]
Helpline No. – 108/104
Toll-Free No. – 18004258330