The scheme Kanya Vivah Yojana (MP) was launched in the month of April 2006 with the objective to render financial backing to girls of poor families incorporating divorcees, destitute and widows. The scheme is being carried out by the Social Justice Department that covers the whole state Madhya Pradesh. No cash incentives are provided to the applicant.
Updates on the Mukhyamantri Kanya Vivah Yojana 2017
This is a welfare scheme of the government of Madhya Pradesh to provide financial assistance to newly married brides. The scheme has also got some recent amendments, the states Government has decided to distribute free smartphones to the newly married girls under Mukhyamantri Kanya Vivah Yojana MP.
However, the decision to provide free smartphones to the girls under the scheme is still pending.
The importance of the update in the scheme
Under the scheme distribution of free smartphones will help the government to promote communication, cashless and other transaction facilities through mobile applications and it will also provide an easy way to communicate with government.
Objectives of this scheme
- To provide financial assistance to the family of the girl child at the time of her marriage
- Encourage registration of marriage and her education and to stop child marriage.
- To prevent the practice of dowry
Eligibility criteria of the scheme
- The age of the girl should be 18 years old or above
- The girls belonging to below poverty line (BPL) families and those families whose annual income is below (less than) Rs. 60,000 per annum
- The parents of the girl must have a domicile Certificate of Madhya Pradesh
- At the time of marriage, the age of the girl and boy must not be less than 18 and 21 years
- Marriage registration must be done and dowry must not be given or taken
- This scheme is applicable to marriages whoever got married after 22nd November, 2007
- In case of remarriage, the girl will not be eligible for availing the benefits of the scheme
- Attempts to act as a catalyst against social evils like child marriage and dowry.
Documents required to apply for the scheme
- Domicile certificate
- Age proof
- Family income proof
- If the applicant is widow then husband’s death certificate
- If the applicant is a divorcee then proof of divorce.
Benefits of the scheme
Under this scheme the economically weaker families of the state are being provided financial help but not in the form of cash amount but also in the forms of things that are required for the wedding under the scheme the following things include :
- Utensils, clothes, ornaments, stove, LPG cylinder, pressure cooker, sewing machines and few other necessary things up to INR. 9000/-.
- The administration which carries on the function of marriage is provided 1,000 rupees to fulfill the spending.
- As per the rules of the scheme, girls who are getting married and fall under this scheme will get a total amount of INR. 25000/-, out of this the amount will be paid under an account payee cheque of INR. 17000 at the mass marriage program under the scheme and this will include the INR.7000/- that was given earlier.
- The girl would also be given INR.5000 is given to the girl for buying necessary things for the marriage. The administrating bodies who conduct these marriages will get Rs. 3000/-. If you want to avail the benefit of Mukhyamantri Kanya Vivah Yojana 2017 then you have to fulfill some eligibility criteria.
The scheme would benefit the poor who want their daughters to be married as well in a good way and would make the girl and family feel proud and satisfied without having to worry about facing a financial crises. This way the people of the state would also appreciate the efforts of the government and would also later help in the elections.
Leave a Comment