Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of Himachal Pradesh decided to launch the ambitious Mata Shabri Mahila Sashaktikaran Yojna in the State and provide 50 percent subsidy to 5,100 eligible women of scheduled caste category belonging to BPL (Below Poverty Line) families against the proposed target of 5,000, on purchase of LPG Gas connection thereby relieving them from collecting fuelwood for cooking purposes and save forests of the State. The state government is resolute to provide them opportunities in every sphere at par with men so that they can progress and live their lives with self-respect and dignity.
The state government of Himachal Pradesh has taken numerous decisions to benefit the girl child as the Government firmly believes that a society cannot progress until the girls get opportunities for quality education and respect. This is the reason state government has formulated a scheme Mata Shabri Mahila Sashaktikaran Yojna. With this, Women and Child Development Department are working separately in the State, to ensure a timely benefit of the government welfare schemes. Apart from it, the State Government has also set up Women Welfare Board so as to ensure the socio-economic welfare of womenfolk.
Objective of Mata Shabari Mahilla Sashktikarn Yojana
Under the scheme, the main objective of the Himachal government is to provide LPG connection to the BPL women and SC households and all others whose annual income does not exceed Rs 35,000. The state government will give subsidy on the purchasing of LPG gas connection.
The scheme will benefit to all women who need LPG connection. All the residents of Himachal Pradesh who is in the above criteria norms can apply. The application form is easily available at Anganwadi center and Women and Child Department office.
Benefits of Mata Shabari Mahilla Sashktikarn Yojana
- Under this scheme, the state government will provide LPG gas connection to the poor and needy people of the state.
- For the purchase of LPG gas connection subsidy of Rs. 1300 per beneficiary is provided by the government
Eligibility and conditions applying for Mata Shabari Mahilla Sashktikarn Yojana
- Applicant must be women.
- Women must be a resident of Himachal Pradesh.
- Applicant women belong to Below Poverty Line (BPL).
- Women belong to Scheduled Caste.
- Applicant age should be minimum 18 years.
- The annual income is not exceeding Rs 35,000.
Required Documents for Mata Shabari Mahilla Sashktikarn Yojana
- Identity proof
- Age proof
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- BPL Ration card
- Application form
- Resident proof
- Aadhar card
- Passport size photograph
- Bank passbook copy
How to Apply for Mata Shabari Mahilla Sashktikarn Yojana
- Women applicant can visit the nearest Anganwadi Center for applying.
- Application form can be obtained at the same office.
- Fill the application form carefully and submit the application form at same office with all required documents.
- Applicant can contact nearest Anganwadi center of Himachal Pradesh
- Anganwadi worker.
- Women and child development officer.
Some Important Links
- Official Website:- http://himachal.nic.in/index1.php?lang=1&dpt_id=176&level=1&lid=6747&sublinkid=6583
- Scheme in details:- http://himachal.nic.in/WriteReadData/l892s/176_l892s/AnnexureJ-20961722.pdf
With a view to relieving the poor women belonging to below poverty line scheduled caste families from the drudgery of collecting fuelwood, the State Government has formulated a scheme Mata Shabri Mahila Sashaktikaran Yojana. This scheme would meet twin objectives. Besides bringing about a relief to the womenfolk belonging to BPL scheduled caste families, this scheme would also help in checking forest felling, thereby supplementing the endeavor of the State Government in increasing green cover.
Leave a Comment