Launched by the state of Odisha in order to provide free of cost legal assistance at Panchayat level. The scheme Madhubabu Aain Sahayata Scheme was launched on 24th December 2016 by the chief minister of Odisha Mr. Naveen Patnaik and is dedicated to the poor in the state.
Highlights of the Madhubabu Aain Sahayata Yojana
- Priority to women, children, senior citizens, ST&SC, and weaker sections of the society.
- Free legal aid to poor and needy.
- Sahayata Shibirs at Panchayat offices or Bharat Nirman Rajiv Gandhi Seva Kendras.
- Four days a month, Saturdays or Sundays.
- Lawyers to be paid INR. 500 for each meeting.
- 150 award for PEOs (Panchayat Executive Officer/Gram Rojgar Sevak) for the management of legal cell.
Eligibility of the scheme
- Only the needy and the poor people with no access to legal assistance is eligible to the scheme, the rest can accredit as non-eligible.
- The scheme is duly offered for women, senior citizens from the SC&SC category too.
Objective of Madhubabu Aain Sahayata Yojana
The main objective of Madhubabu Aain Sahayata Yojana is to provide free legal assistance to poor of the society and help him get the justice. The scheme aims to target the mass at grass root level in every panchayat across the state.
- Under the scheme, people will be made aware of their legal rights and also how to protect and uplift their legal rights.
- The state government under the scheme would set up Madhubabu Aain Sahayata Kendra in panchayat office or Rajeev Gandhi Seba Kendra to settle legal disputes of poor. The government would organize ‘Sahayata Sibir’ every Saturday or maximum of four days per month to settle legal disputes of afflicting poor, women, backward classes, old persons of villages.
- Under the Madhubabu Aain Sahayata Yojana, a fee of Rs. 500 per meeting would be paid to law officials while Rs. 150 will be paid to PEOs (Panchayat Executive Officer/Gram Rojgar Sevak) for the management of legal cell.
How to apply for the scheme?
- The scheme will offer legal assistance to the needy and poor people designated within the eligibility criteria.
- The state government will facilitate Sahayata Sibir every Saturday for a maximum of 4 times a month. One can apply for the scheme via these Sahayata Sibir’s
- The state government will offer law officials to back the applicants and shall pay their duty fees too.
Who is backing the scheme?
The scheme is the brainchild of the current state government reign led by the CM. On the 24th of December, it was announced that the government will allocate the budget in the financial year.
The government of Odisha has duly agreed to back the poor and needful people of the state with the required legal assistance against any claims or cases.
The number of poor people and needful ones that are suppressed by the higher strata of the population will soon be diminished as the poor and needful people would receive complete legal offering against them. This would also promise a good future for the government of Odisha.
Leave a Comment