The Madhu Babu Pension Yojana is a flagship pension scheme of the state government of Odisha to provide a pension to the old age, widows and handicapped persons. The scheme was launched with the objective of benefiting the 47 lakh people and the amount has just been raised to 3 lakh people more.
The scheme was launched by the CM Naveen Patnaik who directed the district collectors to implement the scheme from the 15th of August.
Benefits of Madhu Babu Pension Yojana
- Madhu Babu Pension Yojana provides benefits in the form of financial assistance to the elder, widow etc. rates of financial help is mentioned below
- The main component of the scheme is monetary assistance to the beneficiaries. The rate of pension received by beneficiaries is 300 per month up to the age of 79 years and INR. 500 per month for 80 years and above.
Required eligibility and conditions of the Madhu Babu Pension Yojana
- Candidate of 60 years of age and above are eligible
- A widow (irrespective of age)
- A leprosy patient with visible signs of deformity (irrespective of age)
- A person five years of age or above and unable to do normal work due to his/her deformity or disability, being blind, orthopedically handicapped, hearing and speech impaired, mentally retarded, with cerebral palsy
- A widow of an AIDS patient (irrespective of age and income criteria) an AIDS patient identified by the Odisha State AIDS Control Society (OSACS) or District AIDS Prevention Control Unit (DAPCU) irrespective of income
- The candidate has family income from all sources not exceeding INR. 24,000 per annum or is included in the BPL list
- Candidate is a permanent resident/domicile of Odisha
- Candidate has not been convicted of any criminal offence involving moral turpitude
- Candidate is not in receipt of any other pension from the Union Government or the State Government or any organization aided by either government
Documents required for the MBPY
- BPL ration card
- Birth certificate as age proof
- Voter ID
- Permanent residence proof e.g. certificate from residence authority
- Domicile Certificate
- Document that stating that candidate is victim to AIDS
- Document that stating women is widow
- Disability certificate
How to apply for the MBPY?
- Candidate’s fresh application are collected in the presence of the selected personnel of that GP/ULB on the Jana Seva Divas, i.e., the 15th of every month, or Samarthya Sibir, Gram Sabah or any fixed day camps organized by other departments for block level activities or by organizing special camps for the purpose
- The pension is being disbursed to the beneficiaries at Gram Panchayat office in rural areas and at the Municipality office or a nearby school as may be suitable in urban areas, on a fixed date i.e., the 15th of each month declared as the Jana Seva Divas
How to get in contact and reach out to the person concerned?
- Gram Panchayat office for rural areas
- BDO (Block Development Officer)
- Gram Sabah
- Municipality office for urban areas
- Contact: Director, Social Welfare & Ex-Officio Additional Secretary to Government,
Department of Women and Child Development, Government of Odisha
References & details
- For more details regarding documents and other help please visit the official website.
The scheme would allow the people of Odisha to avail a good life and not worry about securing a future for the family which means living without tension and living more. The government of Odisha would also benefit from the common man as every vote counts.
Leave a Comment