Bihar is State where the people are not well educated and are unemployed. This is leading to poverty and becoming a hurdle in the development of the State. The Government of Bihar is making a lot of efforts in trying to improve the condition of the State and to improve the condition of the State and its people.
The Government of Bihar is launching a lot of schemes and programs in order to develop the State and also to generate employment in the State. As a part of this, the Kushal Yuva Program has been launched by the State.
What is the Kushal Yuva Program?
The Government of Bihar launched this KYP of youths in addition to the existing Student Credit Card and Swayam Sahayata Yojana for the development of the unemployed Bihari youths with its focus mainly on developing skills. Considering the many States in Bihar who do not get the opportunity for studying further or are not eligible for many jobs the Government of Bihar would organize training programs that would enhance the soft skills of the students and youth.
What is the objective of the scheme?
- The program comes under the 7 commitments initiative taken by the Bihar Government with an aim of developing the State.
- The Government wants to help the youth of the State in gaining the required skills and enhance their respective job opportunities.
- As per the regulations quoted under the KYP, the State of Bihar must have at least one skill development center in all marked 534 blocks, to promote the skill development program among the youth.
- Each center would be allocated with proper trainers who will carry the skill development process.
- Awareness is the main objective of the Government and has to be generated in order to encourage the people in joining the training programs and get better job opportunities.
What are the features of the scheme?
- The target of the program is the youth of Bihar ideally between the age of 15 to 25 years and those who have passed their class 10 or 12 exams.
- Those who have left their studies after class 10 or 12 are also the desired targeted candidates.
- The soft skill training would include communication skills training, lifestyle skills training, basic computer training etc.
- The total course would be for a period of 240 hours that is aimed at making the youth capable for different jobs.
- The training would be conducted through e-learning mode, that would be convenient for the trainer and the students.
- Trainers would also receive training as per the requirements to train the students in a qualified manner.
- There would be an integrated online assessment and certification process that will take place in order to certify each of the trainees.
Under the program
|Special courses under this scheme||Details|
|KYP Course 1||English and Hindi Communication Skills (80 hours)|
|KYP Course 2||IT Literacy Skills (120 Hours)|
|KYP Course 3||Soft Skills and Life Skills for workplace readiness (40 Hours)|
How to apply for the program?
- You must visit the District registration cum counseling centers (DRCC) that have been set up in various districts of the State.
- The registration process will take place there,
- After which the names of the eligible candidates will be sent to BSDM for further verification.
Details for the applicant organization
Those who would like to set up a training center under the program can do so by applying as an Applicant Organisation.
An applicant can apply online or offline as per his/her preference,
- An applicant needs to deposit INR. 500
- Then fees of INR. 3000 as a center registration fee,
- And INR. 1000 as Course affiliation fee.
Once the applicant’s organization has been successfully selected and certified as a Skill Development Centre under the program then no money will be refunded. The applicant organization would only be able to run the courses recognized by the program.
The Bihar Skill Development Mission would have the full power of selecting or rejecting an applicant organization.
Leave a Comment