Kishori Shakti Yojana in Himachal Pradesh – The 11-18-year-old girls who are leaving school/school going girls are benefitted by the scheme sponsored by the Government of India.
In order to achieve the objectives of the Kishori Shakti Yojana, the Girl Child Mandal is formed and during the meetings of these Mandals, the students have developed an understanding of the schemes and programs of Swachhubata, Home management, Nutrition, Child rights, Women’s rights and various departments. The ability to make decisions against feticide, dowry, child marriage, sex, etc. is developed. Apart from this, this is also for the girls who do not go to school. Different types of education to those girls. Empowerment is brought to the mainstream by connecting with options. On the MCHN days of these girls on the Anganwadi centers, the girl child test is also done. Delivery of nutrition and interest education, the iron-folic acid tablet is also ensured. These girls are provided vocational training.
Kishori Shakti Yojana (KSY) has been acquainted with by Ministry of Women and Child Development. This plan expects to enable adolescent girls (Age) of 11– 18 years with center around out-of-school girls.It has accentuation on their nutritional and wellbeing status and overhauling different abilities like home aptitudes, fundamental abilities, and professional skills.Under this plan, this plan gives nutritional and wellbeing education including sanitation and individual cleanliness viewpoints.
This plan is an update of the effectively existing Adolescent Girls (AG) Scheme being executed as a segment under the midway supported Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) Scheme. The new plan drastically broadens the scope of the prior plan with huge substance advancement, reinforces the preparation segment, especially in ability development, angles went for strengthening and improved self-recognition.
Likewise, It centers around education with specific consideration of school dropouts and useful literacy among uneducated adolescent girls.Educational exercises ought to be directed through non-formal education design. Nonformal education is given to adolescent girls. It gives physical, developmental and sex education. Additionally, it gives free professional preparing exercises for adolescent girls for their monetary strengthening
Table of Contents
The broad objectives of the Scheme are to enhance the nutritional, wellbeing and development status of adolescent girls, advance consciousness of wellbeing, cleanliness, sustenance and family mind, interface them to open doors for learning fundamental abilities, backpedaling to class, enable them to pick up a superior understanding of their social condition and take activities to end up gainful individuals from the society.
- To give the required literacy and numeracy skills through the non-formal stream of education
- To energize a want for more social presentation and learning and to help them enhance their basic leadership capacities
- To prepare and prepare the adolescent girls to enhance/upgrade locally situated and professional skills
- To advance familiarity with well being, cleanliness, nourishment and family welfare, home administration and child mind, and to take all quantify as to encourage their wedding simply in the wake of achieving the age of 18 years and if conceivable, even later
- To pick up a superior understanding of their social environment related issues and the effect on their lives and take activities to wind up gainful individuals from the society.
- To urge adolescent girls to start different exercises to be gainful and helpful individuals from the society
- To enhance the nutritional, well being and development status of adolescent girls, advance mindfulness on well being, cleanliness, sustenance and family mind.
- To connect them to open doors for learning fundamental abilities, to prepare and prepare the adolescent girls to enhance/upgrade locally situated and professional skills.
Benefits of Kishori Shakti Yojana
- The scheme offers health and nutritional education that includes personal hygiene and sanitation aspects to the adolescent girls.
- Offers vocational training to girls.
- It offers developmental, physical as well as sex education. It also sees on the education all through the nonformal education.
How To Apply KSY
- Contact Persons: DPOs, CDPOs, Supervisors ICDS & AWWs
- Supervisor at circle level
- Anganwadi Workers at village level
- Concerned District programme officer Or
- Child Development Project Officers at the block level.
Kishori Shakti Yojana PDF
Some Important Links
- Official website: http://www.wcd.nic.in/
The plan capacities in the current ICDS framework. Under this plan, pre-adult young ladies are offered non-formal instruction in life training viewpoints including physical, formative and sex training. The young ladies are congregated at Anganwadi focuses. Young ladies can likewise be given fundamental wellbeing supplements, for example, IFA and de-worming tablets. Young ladies can likewise be given professional preparing at the focuses.