West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has launched a girl child scholarship scheme called Kanyashree Yojna in Kolkata. Under this scheme, the government gives financial assistance of Rs 25,000 to the girl on arrival at the age of 18 years. The government provides an annual scholarship to the girl student till reaching the age of 18 years. The main purpose of this scheme is to improve the education of girls properly and especially those girls belonging to the poverty line (BPL). This plan is very popular and successful and it was exposed in World Girls Summit 2014 in London.
This scheme helps in improving academic status, health and contribution to the empowerment of girls in the state. This will benefit the whole society. In order to apply under this scheme, the applicant’s candidate needs to meet certain eligibility criteria which are mentioned below. Girl students of West Bengal can take advantage of this scheme and can secure their future by getting a good education
Benefits of Virgo Plan for Girl Student
- Annual scholarship for the girl student of Kanyashree Yojana Rs. 500 / – per year
- The government provides financial assistance of Rs. 25,000 to girls of the age of 18 years.
- Creating awareness about high education among girls.
- Encourage the girl student about higher education.
Eligibility for girl child scheme for girl child
- Applicants should be resident of West Bengal State.
- All girls within 13 to 19 years are eligible for annual scholarship and once they reach the age of 18, they are eligible for a one time grant under this scheme.
- The income of the girls family should not exceed 120000 / – per year.
Documents required for Kanyashree scheme for girl students
- Aadhar Card
- Birth certificate
- Passport size photos
- Girls education certificate
- Income certificate of girl’s parents
- Bank account statement
- caste certificate
- Physically handicapped certificate, if applicable
How to apply for the girl student for Kanyashree scheme?
The applicant will have to go to the official site of Kanyashree Yojana.
- Collect the application from school/institution.
- The applications for annual scholarship are also called K1.
Once the grant application forms are also called K2.
- In the 8th-grade applicant, girl student will have to fill the application for annual
- scholarship in the school in West Bengal.
- Once the applicants fill the application form for a grant once after 18 years.
- The applicant should visit the Headmaster / Principal of the school in West Bengal.
Reference and Details
For more information about KanyaSri Yojna
Virgo Scheme PDF Download
Leave a Comment