The state government of Telangana has yet taken another step towards the welfare of the people living in the schedule caste tribes of India, launching a new scheme for unmarried women under the ST/SC categories.
Within the guidelines of the scheme, the girls would receive financial assistance from the government of the state of Telangana so that they do not have to face kind of financial issues at the time of marriage.
Table of Contents
Details of Kalyana Lakshmi scheme Telangana
Under the Kalyana Lakshmi Yojana, the state government provides about 75,000 rupees to the girls of the state on their marriage. Related to families of SC / ST and minority communities.
Under the Kalyana Lakshmi Yojana initially, INR. 50000 thousand was given. But recently the Telangana government has increased this amount to INR. 75,000 rupees.
According to the official notification, the state government has given a check to the first 14 beneficiaries under the scheme in Mangalpuri district.
Further updates on the scheme
Now the state government has been included in the backwards classes (OBC) and those related to economically backwards classes to provide benefit to the schemes of equal rights of scheduled castes, tribes and brides related to minority communities.
Over the last financial year, over 40,000 young girls from the backwards class and economically backwards sections have benefitted from this scheme.
From the month of April 2017, the government made an increase in the amount given to the girls to financial support their marriage of INR. 75, 116.
How to Apply for Telangana Kalyana Lakshmi Yojana?
- Step 1: To apply, visit https://telanganaepass.cgg.gov.in/ Official website of the Telangana Government.
- Step 2: Click the “Kalyana Lakshmi” banner on the homepage.
- Step 3: On the next page, click on the “Click here” link in front of the registered text or click on this link directly.
- Step 4: Fill in all required details in the application form given on the next page.
- Step 5: After filling all the information, click the “Send” button in the bottom of the form.
How to fill in the form?
There are 4 segments of the form:
Under this section there is seven section as follows:
- Educational qualifications
- Phone number
- The bride’s father and mothers name and
- If SSC is available or not.
- Entering address details of the current house she is living in and the house of permanent residency.
- The applicant must enter the bank details of the bride and bride’s mother bank details.
- The bride has to give proper and complete information of her caste details along with the district, MRO number of the caste she belongs to.
Under this segment the grooms
- Income and
- Other information as asked for in the form.
- Date of marriage
- Venue of marriage and
- Address of the venue
Under this section the bride must upload the following documents:
- Aadhaar card of the bride and groom
- Age proof of the bride
- Bank pass book copy of the bride and mother’s account
- Marriage confirmation certificate and approval by the panchayat.
Your registration is complete and financial support is subject to eligibility.
- The Kalyana Lakshmi scheme is only for unmarried girls of the state of Telangana, grooms marrying the girls are not considered eligible for the scheme.
- Before applying for the scheme the marriage must be fixed and proof must be shown.
- The legal age limit to avail the scheme is 18 years and above
- The applicant should have permanent residence in the state of Telangana and further documentation of proof must be submitted.
- Annual domestic income should be less than INR. 2 lakh in urban areas and INR. 5 lakh in rural areas.
Kalyan Lakshmi Yojana Main Features of Telangana
- The Kalyana Lakshmi Yojana is specifically for unmarried girls, of which they would be provided with financial assistance.
- The government would provide a total of INR. 51,000 to the family of the bride to cover wedding expenditure.
- To apply for the KLP scheme, the person concerned must fill up an online application form as there is no other way of applying for the scheme.
- Once the marriage is fixed anyone who is eligible may apply for the scheme.
- So far the government has made available INR. 337 crore for two marriage schemes, Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam and Shaadi Mubarak scheme.
- The scheme is available for the SC/ST categories only as well as the newly introduced OBC category.
- From the year of 2014 onwards over 41,000 people have made a guaranteed benefit from the scheme.
- The applicant must apply for the scheme one month in advance to the date of marriage.