The Jyotigram Yojana is an initiative of the launched by the government of Gujarat to ensure that there is a constant availability of electricity on the 24-hour three phase quality power supply to the rural areas of the state and to supply an ample amount of power to the farmers residing in scattered farmhouses through feeders having transformers that are specially designed.
The scheme was launched in dedication to the nation by the President A.P.J. Abdul Kalamazoo in the year 2006. Since then the Jyotigram scheme has made an immense improvement in the quality of the village lives. The scheme is set as a flagship program for the 12th five-year plan.
What are the key features and objectives of the (JGVY)?
The government of Gujarat started the scheme with the aim targeting the village industry.
- The apex aim of the scheme is to provide a 24-hour surge of power supply to the rural area’s industries.
- The scheme has assured improvement in the quality of the lives of the people who are engaged in the cottage and the rural industry.
- The yojana will provide improved tools and technology to facilitate the production of consumer products in an efficient manner.
- The state government will provide a financial assistance of 25% of the limit of the projects 1 lakh to 25 lakh.
- In the case of an SC/ST/Women and Physically disabled the amount of financial assistance will be 30%.
- The amount of the subsidy will be credited to the account of the beneficiaries and will be debited after two years of the successful start-up of the project.
- The applicants interested can apply and submit their applications at eh office of the District Industry Board affiliated by the Cottage and Rural Industries department.
- Individuals and entrepreneurs of the age of 25 to 50 years with a 10th pass qualification are eligible for to avail the scheme.
- Those who are engaged in the production of goods at a small level from the Grade-2 Self Help Group (SGH) are eligible for the scheme.G