The Rajasthan State Government has started the Chief Minister Water Swavlabhan Abhiyan for water conservation. Under this campaign, the State Government is in the process of ensuring effective implementation of related activities in rural areas using the values of water conservation and water conservation, the values of leadership, moral responsibility, excellence, innovation, partnership, and sanctity.
The program has been designed to work in such a manner that there is a community development on the bottom of the village. In this program, 3000 villages have been selected on a priority basis in the first year and in the next three years, about 6000 villages will be involved in the campaign every year. The main objective of Chief Minister Swavalamban campaign is to give benefit to 21,000 villages in the state by 2020.
Rainfall in the state of Rajasthan is very low, even in the small clouds every year only in 3-4 months. In Rajasthan, Chief Minister Water Swavlamban campaign is very useful for saving water in the state. The government has been created for the first phase of the budget of 3 crores.
- 1 Phase one of the Jal Swavalamban Yojana in Rajasthan
- 2 Features of the Chief Minister Jal Swavalamban Campaign in Rajasthan
- 3 Objectives of the Chief Minister Swavalamban Campaign launched in Rajasthan
- 4 How to contribute towards the Chief Minister Swavalamban campaign?
- 5 Conclusion
- 6 References and Details
Phase one of the Jal Swavalamban Yojana in Rajasthan
In the first phase of the campaign (27 January 2016 to 30 June 2016) 3 thousand 529 villages of 295 Panchayat Samitis were selected from the state. Under the campaign, in the selected villages, construction of traditional water conservation methods such as ponds, ponds, bards, stitches etc. have been constructed and nick, stitches, obstruction etc. have been constructed with new techniques. More than 26.5 lakh plantations have been planted near these water structures and the conservation of these plants for the next 5 years is also included in this campaign. In this, the participation of 9 State Departments, Social Religious Groups, and the general public has been ensured such as land conservation, Panchayatiraj, MNREGA, agriculture, horticulture, forests, water supply, water resources and ground water.
The concept of making a drop of water of the water of the rainy rain and the rain water of the rain water is now taking a realistic form. About 94 thousand construction works were completed in the first phase of the campaign at a cost of Rs.1770 crores. The water structures formed in the campaign have gathered water for a long time and the village water becomes self-sufficient.
Features of the Chief Minister Jal Swavalamban Campaign in Rajasthan
- Making every village self-sufficient for water
- Chief Minister Swasthambhana campaign is a four-year program and each phase is one year old.
- This program has been started in 295 blocks of 33 districts in Rajasthan.
- The participation of people in this campaign has also been invited.
- Financial resources will be mobilized from many sources like line departments, NGOs, corporate houses, religious trusts, non-resident villagers, social groups etc.
- The technology will be used extensively in this program.
- Construction of low-cost water harvesting structure
Objectives of the Chief Minister Swavalamban Campaign launched in Rajasthan
- To make Rajasthan a permanent water state
- To ensure effective water conservation through the convergence of resources of different departments to increase the irrigated area.
- Through a community participation, to prepare a village work plan through water budget
- To make the village a self-reliant unit in drinking water through permanent measures
- Making the village self-dependent for water
- Increase in ground water level
- Availability of surface flux in the mainstream of watershed
- Increase in availability of drinking water
- Increase in irrigated and fertile areas
- 40% rainy irrigated area to be brought under irrigation
- Increase in crop production
- Change in crop pattern
How to contribute towards the Chief Minister Swavalamban campaign?
- Any citizen can donate any amount for Chief Minister Swavalamban campaign through online portal http://mjsa.water.rajasthan.gov.in/
- Visit the official site and just click on the fund campaign
- Any citizen can register at http://mjsa.water.rajasthan.gov.in/ and donate or donate anonymously
The scheme was launched in two phases consisting of a maximum benefit being offered by the government of Rajasthan in an effort to try and help towards collecting rain water and saving water from going to a waste. As water is a scarce resource and can be easily wasted by humans, whereas it is needed by every species to survive. Rajasthan being a dry state would require the most effort in keeping water resources ready in the case of a water surge.
References and Details
For more information on Chief Minister Swavalamban campaign