Women empowerment has remained a top priority of governments in Himachal Pradesh from the last few years. The sex ratio of Himachal Pradesh is showing the reduction in the number of girls and if this situation continues it will lead to grave consequences. Hence, the government is taking massive steps to reduce this imbalance in sex ratio and has implemented various programs and schemes for it.
One of the main reasons for the imbalance in sex ratio is the desire of families to have a male child. This desire reduces respect for a girl child and also makes women a secondary citizen. To prevent such treatment to women, the government has announced the Indira Gandhi Balika Suraksha Yojana for girls. This scheme aims at empowering women and forces parent to consider girl child as equal to a male child.
The Indira Gandhi Balika Suraksha Yojana for girls scheme is launched to prevent families from pushing for a male child and it also helps in population control. Under the Indira Gandhi Balika Suraksha Yojana for girls scheme couple who do family planning after the birth of one girl child receive a sum of Rs. 25,000 while couples who adopt family planning after the birth of second girl child receive a sum of Rs. 20,000.
Objective of the scheme
- To improve the falling sex ratio
- Boost smaller and nuclear families.
- Push for gender equality
- Aware common people about the falling sex ratio and its dire consequences.
- Create respect for girl child
- Empower young girls for education and other life issues
Benefits of the Indira Gandhi Balika Suraksha Yojana for girls
- Couples adopting family planning after the birth of first girl child receive RS, 25,000.
- Couples adopting family planning after the birth of second girl child receive RS, 20,000.
Eligibility and conditions applying for Indira Gandhi Balika Suraksha Yojana for girls
- The couple should be a citizen of Himachal Pradesh
- The couple should adopt family planning after the birth of first or second girl child.
- The couple shouldn’t have any male child.
- Every area has an eligible couple register. The couple should submit an affidavit by registering their name in that register.
Required documents for Indira Gandhi Balika Suraksha Yojana for girls
- Passport size photographs of the couple
- Copy of bank passbook
- Birth certificates of the girl child.
- A proof of residence of the couple
- A proof of identity of the couple
- Copy of Aadhar card of the couple
- An affidavit signed by the couple and entry in the edibility register of the area.
How to apply for Indira Gandhi Balika Suraksha Yojana for girls
- First, the applicant couple has to confirm their eligibility for the scheme.
- Then they have a contact at the below-given address and apply.
- Application forms are available at the office and applicant should fill a form and submit it to the same office after attaching required documents.
- The applicant couple can contact the nearest department office of Women and Child development
- The applicant can also contact the nearest Anganwadi helper
Some Important Links
Indira Gandhi Balika Suraksha Yojana for girls PDF
Here is PDF which is released by govt officials.
The falling sex ratio is a massive challenge for our society. The enormous increase in population is also a big problem. To tackle these issues it is important for families to consider girls and boys as equal. The Indira Gandhi Balika Suraksha Yojana for girls is a very successful and effective scheme that helps families in adopting family planning after two girl children. The money offered to the applicant will benefit the girls in their future and will help them in becoming self-reliant. Plus the money also works as an incentive for families for adopting family planning. Schemes like the Indira Gandhi Balika Suraksha Yojana for girls are very useful for common people and these schemes are also helpful for spreading awareness about women empowerment.
Leave a Comment