With the launch of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana by the PM Shri. Narendra Modi, every state has been making a huge effort to make the scheme of housing for all scheme to a complete success. In this direction, the chief minister of Madhya Pradesh, Mr. Shivraj Singh Chouhan had proposed an important bill that would prove to be crucial towards achieving the target of providing housing for all.
In a cabinet meeting held by the CM, Mr. Shivraj Singh Chauhan had presented the proposal and had discussed it thoroughly with the officials. After the discussion, the cabinet had given a green signal to the proposal for the land act which will guarantee that every household that belongs to the economically weaker section of the society, is granted a house or at least a piece of residential land.
Madhya Pradesh Housing Guarantee Act will be definitely helpful for the government in bridging the gap between the rich and the poor housing situations within the state. The bill proposed by the Chief Minister will be presented at the assembly in the second phase of the budget session of the assembly.
Highlights of the scheme
- The scheme is for the proposal to build houses for the poor
- To launch and cover the gap between the poor and the rich sections of people
- To distribute a piece of land amongst all eligible under the scheme
- To have a scheme that is one of its kind
Objective of the scheme
- To ensure housing for the homeless under the act at an affordable rate
- The Government would provide residential plots of 20-30 square meters to the people who are eligible
- The project would benefit the poor people of Bhopal especially
- Under the Garib Kalyan Mela scheme the government will make an effort to train and inform people
- The scheme is aimed especially for the underprivileged, disabled, domestic servants, labourers, rickshaw drivers, porters among others and they would also participate in the convention.
- To bring about awareness amongst the people 1.5 lakh people would be attending the seminar.
To apply online you must visit the MP Government website.
As the bill has been approved by the assembly, it will also give leverage to the party in coming election as well. Along with this bill, there are also other center sponsored housing schemes such as Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY)and Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana (PMAY-G) are also being run in the state by the government with all the efforts to provide affordable houses to the weaker section and those living below the poverty line.
Leave a Comment