Under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana and Jan Awas Yojana Uttarakhand, the National Housing Board (NHB) has decided to provide home loans to the poor people. The scheme would be beneficial for the Economically Weaker Society (EWS) and Lower Income Group (LIG) people. They would receive a loan by the National Housing Bank.
Table of Contents
Highlights of the scheme
- The scheme is in relation with the PMAY and the JAY.
- To lower the rate of slums in India.
- Develop the economy.
- To provide affordable housing to the people within the category of
What does the government aim at with the scheme?
The main concern of the state government is to provide an affordable housing solution to the rickshaw, handicraft and worker’s category. Under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, the plan is to provide accommodation to every citizen by the year 2021. The urban development minister is expecting an institution like CBRI to appeal to the state to provide support for research in the housing and bio toilet.
How will the scheme function?
- The National Housing Bank would take property documents of the beneficiaries as a guarantee and then only will they provide home loans to the poor people under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Uttarakhand and the Jan Awas Yojana Uttarakhand.
- The National Housing Board will register land on his/her name and after the completion of instalments of the home loan, the NHB will transfer the registration of land to the beneficiary’s name.
- The National Housing Board will give a loan to the HUDCO for the construction of flats under the PMAY and JAY Uttarakhand. When beneficiaries complete their instalments of loan NHB do Registration of flats on beneficiaries’ name.
Implementation of the scheme
The Housing and Urban Development Corporation (HUDCO) will construct 35,000 flats under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Uttarakhand. HUDCO has Constructed 2,000 flats in Rudrapur in the first phase of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Uttarakhand. 20,000 people have filled in the applications forms for these 2,000 flats.
The scheme would enable all the people within the state of Manipur to have a roof over their head. The HUDCO will develop these pads at different areas of the state under the PM Awas Yojana and Jan Awas Yojana Uttarakhand. After completion of all the flats, the National Housing Bank (NHB) and this would benefit the poor people of Uttarakhand as well as the Government of Manipur in many ways.