under the leadership of the former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, the state government of Uttar Pradesh introduced the Handloom Weaver Pension Scheme in the name of handloom weavers. Under the Handloom Weavers Pension Scheme, the State Government provides financial assistance per month for the weavers in the state. The government is providing pension only for those handloom weavers who are above 60 years of age. There are about 2.5 lakh weavers and about 80,000 handlooms in the state.
It is known to all that after agriculture, the handloom industry provides the industry with the most decentralized cottage industry in the state. The estimated 80 thousand beneficiaries in the state will get benefit from this pension. Uttar Pradesh is the land of many handloom weavers and artists who weave as their business. This business is usually done in all major parts of the state like Varanasi, Agra, Lucknow. Varanasi is famous for its Banarasi sarees, which are exported all over the world. The government is very intuitive and provided monthly pension to these handicrafts weavers.
Highlights of the Handloom weaver scheme
- Hathkargha Bunkar Pension Yojana in Uttar Pradesh
- Providing financial assistance to the weavers of the state
- Benefits of the scheme is for Handloom Weaver Pension Scheme
Benefits of Handloom Weaver Pension Scheme
Benefits of Financial Assistance of 500 rupees per month to Handloom weavers
Eligibility for Handloom Weavers Pension Scheme
- The applicant should be a resident of Uttar Pradesh.
- Professional Weaver Workers are eligible for this scheme.
- Handloom weavers who are over 60 years old are eligible for this scheme.
- In case of physically and visually handicapped weavers, the government has relaxed the minimum age limit at the age of 10 years
Document for handloom weavers pension scheme
- Aadhar Card
- Bank account statement
- Age proof
- Physically disabled certificate if necessary
The scheme was launched for the underprivileged handloom weaver pension scheme to help them look towards a better future for them to be able to save up for the later life of their children and wife.
How to Apply for the Handloom Weaver Pension Scheme?
Applicants in the actual district / taluka of Gram Panchayat or Zilla Parishad in Uttar Pradesh will have to go.
The applicant can also go to Block Officer of Uttar Pradesh.
After registration, handloom weavers will get monthly pension under this scheme.
Reference and Details
For more information about the Handloom Weaver Pension Scheme