A new pension scheme for journalists has been announced by the Chief Minister of Haryana Mr Manohar Lal Khattar along with some other incentives. The new monthly pension scheme was announced by the CM while addressing “Swarna Jayanti Journalist’s Meet” in Panchkula.
- Under the new pension scheme for journalists, the state government would provide a monthly pension of Rs. 10000 to those who are above 60 years of age and have completed at least 20 years in the journalism profession.
- The government also announced a life insurance cover of Rs. 10 Lakh and a media claim policy of Rs. 5 Lakh.
- The journalists who have completed at least 5 years in the profession would be given recognition by the government.
- The representatives of online news portals would also be given recognition through the new policy to be framed.
The CM M L Khattar also advised media persons to avoid “Yellow Journalism” and spread the right and useful news in the society for its future welfare at the “Journalist Meet”. A committee will also be formed to suggest measures regarding the new scheme.
New monthly pension scheme would come into effect once it is officially launched by the Haryana state government. More details such as application procedure, eligibility criteria, scheme guidelines would be available as soon as the scheme is launched.
- It is not the first time that the Haryana Government has come up with completely new pension policies. The Chief Minister of Haryana has done so many new changes to the old plans of the state and has even brought up some new ones as well.
- Haryana is making quite a progress in the administrative works and pension schemes under the CM ML Khattar’s government. If the state really starts the journalist pension scheme in upcoming months or years then it would really prove to be a big tide turner.
The scheme has a good objective but more details will be available only after the scheme is launched. As of now, only the budget details are available.
Leave a Comment