The Gramin Bhandaran Yojana – The farmer’s suicides and the news of the same are increasing day in day out. Unfortunately, we as the citizens of India can almost do nothing or want to do nothing at all. There may be various things that we are engaged in and that stops us from the same. But then again why these suicides? Are these because of the loans? But why the loans? Is it because of the amount they earn selling the most necessary things to the others? But how come they get only a meager amount of money when they serve us the most necessary thing namely the food?
Well, it is certainly because they cannot retain their crops. They have to keep selling these and thus they often end up selling these to the 3rd party vendors and that too at offseasons as well, when they get paid only a meager amount for the same. Nevertheless, the 3rd party vendors can then re-sell the same at high prices during the season of the vegetables and earn the entire profit for themselves. But why cannot a farmer retain their crops in the first place?
It is only because they don’t have the resources or the science and the developed system that will help them with the same. So is the government doing anything at all? Yes, finally the government has come up with a plan to help these farmers with the best results. And it is none other than the grain bhandaran yojana. Yes, this scheme will help the farmers in a way that one can hardly imagine of. This particular scheme was launched in the year of 2007 and this is exactly what is aimed at the development of the farmers as well.
The grain bhandaran yojana practically translates to the Rural Godown scheme. Of course, this scheme means the creation of sustainable and scientifically acceptable godowns for the farmers as well as the crops that they want to store.
This offers them the profit of retaining their crops, till the time they want to sell the same and that too in the acceptable rates. Of course, this helps them get the necessary other advantages as well.
Important Features of Gramin Bhandaran Yojana
There are certain features about this Yojana that makes it completely different from the rest. The following are the features that this Yojana portrays:
- It is available in the form of loans. Yes, this is absolutely the very first feature of this scheme. The help will be offered to the farmers, or NGOs in form of a loan. And this can be repaid within the maximum of 11 years of time. Of course, this means that they can now have enough time for the same.
- People are supposed to make the godowns at any place they like. The only condition that stays is that it has to be out of the vicinity of the Municipal corporation. This is one particular condition that people need to follow.
- The loan is allowed for any size of the godowns. Of course, there is a size limit on the same. One must understand that the minimum space must be for 100 tonnes of crops. While the maximum space allotted must be for somewhere around 30000 tonnes of crops.
- The main condition to have this loan is to make sure that the entire godown is scientifically sound. People must make sure that the godown is absolutely engineered in the best way possible.
- These loans can be availed from the banks. Of course the Regional Rural Banks, the very state cooperative banks. Also the State Co-operative Agricultural and Rural Development Bank, not to forget the Agricultural Development Finance Companies. The North Eastern Development Finance Corporation and the Urban Cooperative Banks etc are always there to help the people who need these loans.
Advantages of Gramin Bhandaran Yojana
Following are the various necessary advantages of the Gramin bhandaran yojana that people must be aware of:
Helps farmers retain their crops:
Of course, this is one of the very first reasons why the people must understand that this Yojana is important. After all no matter what happens the retaining of the crops helps them in asking for the exact money that they want to sell them in. This is certainly one of the advantages that they were looking for many years.
Helps protect the crops:
This is definitely what matters. These godowns help them make sure that the crops are well protected from the rain, the sun and not to forget, from the pests as well. This is certainly one of the best ways of ensuring the safety of the crops. This also helps in ensuring that the crops remain in good health until their purchase.
Gives them their own place:
Also, these godowns are their own. This adds on to their assets and they can be absolutely sure that they don’t have to struggle with renting a place that will cost them furthermore.
Can pay over time:
This loan can be paid over a long period of time with a very little interest rate. People can surely get through with the best results as it will not hurt their pockets at all. Neither will the expenditure be as much as they are anticipating. These advantages definitely must be able to encourage the farmers to take the help of the scheme. All they need to do is, in fact, make sure that they know about the eligibility of the same.
The eligibility to avail the loan:
- The individuals or the very Farmers themselves who are Indian citizens.
- People who are into proprietorship well as partnership firms.
- Also, the people who have the co-operatives or the agro-processing co-operative societies.
- There are many agricultural companies who can apply for the same.
- The various corporations as well as the agro-industrial corporations.
- The people who belong to the agricultural produce marketing committees.
- The group of farmers or even a group of growers.
- Various NGOs.
- The agro-processing corporations.
- Also the self-help groups.
- People must have their required eligible documents that prove their business, their identity and their addresses.
- The Department of Agriculture
- The concerned officer of the State. Government
PDF of the scheme
Some Important Links
- Official website:- http://dmi.gov.in/Schemegby.aspx
- Press Release:- http://pib.nic.in/newsite/mbErel.aspx?relid=96201
In addressing the crude and unfortunate facts regarding the economic stability of the village parts of the country, this scheme happens to be a very important one and it offers a perfect approach for the ones who are in need. It is the implementation of course that matters in this case and that is the reason that you can get the best results for the same now.
Leave a Comment