The State Government of Punjab announced a new Free Annual Health Checkup Scheme. This scheme implemented in Punjab with the help of Department of Health and Family Welfare. Under the health check-up scheme, each resident of the state who is above 30 years of age will be screened for diseases like anaemia, hypertension, diabetes, kidney and liver ailments etc.
The state government has planned this initiative through an expert group Advisor (Health) Dr K K Talwar and Dr Rajesh Kumar of Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER).
Objectives of the scheme
The main objective of the scheme is to prevent and control such diseases by detecting those at an early stage. As per the health experts say, early diagnosis through regular check-ups is the key to prevention of such diseases and improve the quality of life.
Implementation of the scheme
In this scheme, the state government has already established free medicine and diagnostic facilities centre across the Punjab state. If any patient suffering from kidney and liver diseases then he/she will be referred to the nearest diagnostic facilities centre in the state. Under the scheme, people over 30 years of age will be examined for such diseases every Saturday at community health centres (CHC) and will be motivated to take healthy food and exercise regularly. The government has taken this initiative because it has aimed to make people health conscious and to initiate treatment for any disease detected by these diagnostic tests at the early stage.
Benefits of Free Annual Health Checkup Scheme
- Benefits of free health checkup annually for people above 30 years of age
- Benefits of diagnosing the disease like anaemia, hypertension, diabetes, kidney and liver ailments etc.
- Benefits of free medicine and diagnostic facilities centre across Punjab state
Eligibility for Free Annual Health Checkup Scheme
- Candidate must be resident of Punjab state
- People over 30 years of age are eligible for free health check up
Documents required for Free Annual Health Checkup Scheme
- Aadhaar card
- Age proof such as driving license, voter card etc.
How to apply for Free Annual Health Checkup Scheme?
- Candidate should visit the nearest community health centres
- Candidate also visit Government hospitals in Punjab
References & Details
For more details about Free Annual Health Checkup Scheme
Leave a Comment