In India, Rape is the fourth most common and the most violent crime against women. A country where women are worshipped in the form of goddesses like Maa Parvati, Maa Kali, Maa Saraswati and in many more avatars..is the same country where women are harassed, raped, molested and brutally murdered. No matter how modern we are and how fast our economy is growing, but we still lack in securing our girls from the devils.
According to National crime records bureau 2013 annual report, only in India approx. 24,920 rape cases were registered but according to experts the list of unreported cases brings the total much higher. India has world’s second biggest army but with that positive achievement, one negative achievement is also there which not only spoils the image but also the future of our nation, and that black spot is “India came fourth in the list of highest rape crime”.
Globalization, Westernization, and Modernization not only raise the living standard but also raise the crime ratio in India. Dating clubs, late night parties, fashion shows, and bars are doubled in numbers in the past 10 years. All these things introduced to change the living style but people changed their mentality in India. After nirbhaya Delhi gang-rape case of 2012, Indian government not only implemented the fast-track court system but also changed many laws for the crime of rape, harassment, and sexual assault.
In furtherance of the goal of restorative justice to affected women/girls, the State Government of Himachal Pradesh launched Financial Assistance and Support Services to Victims of Rape Scheme which aims to provide financial assistance and support services to victims of rape by ensuring that affected women not only receive financial assistance but also other support services i.e. shelter, counseling, medical aid, legal assistance, education and vocational training, depending upon the needs of the victims.
Table of Contents
- Benefits of Financial Assistance and Support Service to Victim of Rape Scheme
- Eligibility and conditions applying for Financial Assistance and Support Service to Victim of Rape Scheme
- Required Documents for Financial Assistance and Support Service to Victim of Rape Scheme
- How to Apply for Financial Assistance and Support Service to Victim of Rape Scheme
- Contact Details
- Some Important Links
Benefits of Financial Assistance and Support Service to Victim of Rape Scheme
- Under this scheme, The State Government of Himachal Pradesh will provide affected women with financial as well as support services like shelter, counseling, medical help.
- The victim girl will get financial help and support of maximum Rs. 75000.
- In case of special cases, District Board can give additional assistance up to Rs. 25,000.
Eligibility and conditions applying for Financial Assistance and Support Service to Victim of Rape Scheme
- The victim girl must be residents of Himachal Pradesh.
- The victim girl, family member or any relative of the victim girl can apply for this scheme.
- The victim girl, family member, or any relative of the victim girl applying for this scheme should have a medical report which proves that the girl got raped.
- Copy of F.I.R. that was filed immediately after the rape was committed.
Required Documents for Financial Assistance and Support Service to Victim of Rape Scheme
- Residence Proof
- Aadhar Card
- Bank passbook
- Medical Report
- Application form submitted within 60 days from the date of filling F.I.R.
How to Apply for Financial Assistance and Support Service to Victim of Rape Scheme
- To get the financial help the victim girl, family member or any relative of the victim girl needs to fill the application form.
- Application form can be obtained at the nearest police station.
- After filing the application form properly hand over the form to the SHO of the same police station.
- Attach all the documents required with the form like F.I.R. copy and medical report.
- After receiving application form SHO needs to forward it to the District Board within 72 hours.
- District board will examine the case deeply and after that financial assistance will be disbursed.
- The victim girl, family member or any relative of the victim girl can contact nearest police station in Himachal Pradesh.
- Senior Inspector
Some Important Links
- Official link:- http://himachal.nic.in/WriteReadData/l892s/176_l892s/AnnexH-13444597.pdf
- Press release:- http://pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=68507
In India, Rape rears its ugly façade almost every day. In a democratic country like India, we have time for to eat burger and pizza’s but we are busy when the government asks for our support & cooperation to finish “RAPE” disease from this country. this is the reason why every 22 minutes a woman is raped in India. The youth of our country is still sleeping, they woke up when some incident happened. Protecting women of this world is not the responsibility of any government, its responsibility to each one of us. Educating children and sending them to modern schools doesn’t make any change, parents need to sit with their kids and share each & everything about our country is facing off. To stop all this not only government but people of India have to take a stand.