The Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Chandrababu Naidu introduced a high-speed internet project for the people of the state named Fiber Grid Project. Under this project, the government has provided the people of the state with high-speed internet at a low cost to the households and enterprise use in Andhra Pradesh.
Objectives of the scheme
The project aims to provide high-speed Internet at high-speed and low-cost broadband connectivity to the households and workplaces across the state.
Benefits of Fiber Grid Project
- High-speed broadband internet on cheap rate
- Benefits of 15 MBPS speed broadband connection at 149 per month to households and 100MBPS speed connection for offices at INR. 999 per month
- Each of this connection will get around 100 free-to-air TV channels and telephone facility within the same cable network
- 10,000 government offices, 60,000 schools and 6,580 primary health centres benefit from this project.
Features of the Fiber Grid Project
- 23000 km of 24-core aerial optical fiber cable
- 2445 point of presence
- A state-of-the-art network at Vizag
- Project will be completed in 9 months and total cost of Rs.333 crore
- The basic package of triple play services (15Mbps internet+250 IPTV channel free telephone connection) at INR. 149
- Enables a host of digital value added service.
Implementation of the scheme
The estimated cost of the project in around INR. 333 crore and the aggregate length of the flying fiber extend is to be laid over the State which is evaluated to be around 22,500 KM. The entire scheme will consist of District Rings, State Rings, Mandal Rings and Zonal Rings
How to apply for the Internet service?
- Applicant visit official site
- Then click on request for connection
- Now, choose the type of connection Household Connection or Enterprise Connection
- Fill the essential details such as name, contact no, email id etc.
- After, choose the package of internet as per your requirement
- Basic package for households connection is available at Rs.149 and for Enterprise at Rs. 999/-
- Now, submit a connection request
References & Details
For more details about Fiber Grid Project visit official site
Fiber Grid Project pdf download
Leave a Comment